Austin
Sponsored by

Pet sitting/boarding recs?

2,130 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Potcake
JCRiley09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know it's last minute, but I'm looking for a trusted pet sitter or boarding facility in S. Austin. Anyone have a go-to that may be able to take on a new client this weekend?

Thanks.
Potcake
AG
A couple of my wife's vet techs petsit on the side. I'll have her ask them.
Where at in S. Austin?
Number/type pets?
Are you just wanting someone to come by a couple times a day?
voorheesdn
AG
Rover.com can be really awesome resource.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
We use Alyssa with Rover.com and like her
JCRiley09
AG
Shortly after posting, I got a call back from Fur (found them on yelp). I'll probably be using them this weekend, but we obviously have no loyalty to anyone yet. I'll definitely look into these for future needs.

My wife and I have a 5 lb long haired chihuahua/Pom mix. We're around S Congress/Ben White area. Looking for 2 visits/day or a reputable boarding service (more than a kennel).
rather be fishing
AG
We use Rover.com instead of boarding facilities now. Our weim doesn't do well with boarding outside of the house, so we have someone come by three times each day. With 2 dogs it ends up costing about the same as boarding and we don't have to go through the trouble of loading up and dropping off and then getting back within pickup windows.

If anyone is interested in rover.com, I think I can give a promo code for a shared discount.
aTm papi
Bobbi Colorado Boarding has a great Groupon deal. We've taken our dogs there without any problems. They also post pictures of your dogs on Facebook so you can what their up to.
AggieHaylea13
AG
My puppy's foster mom Victoria is a Vet Tech at Austin Pets Alive and also does pet sitting. She's AMAZING. She fostered the puppy I adopted from APA while she was recouping from Parvo and has two dogs of her own. If you're interested, email me at haylead06@yahoo and I'll give you her contact info.
Agit8r
AG
A little late with my reply/advice; but for future reference, check out PETSMART over at the Sunset Valley Shopping Center (where Kohl's is). Their "Pet Hotel" is very convenient and rea$onable. We've kept our cat there for several days on a few occasions. They have playtime for the pooches in a large room off to the side of the "hotel".

http://www.petsmart.com/pet-services/petshotel/
Federale01
AG
So they feed your dog and let them out while you are away? That's awesome. Does you dog show any signs of anxiety while you are gone?

My dog is a spaz and prefers not to leave the house. I didn't know any service that would do that nor how a dog would behave completely unsupervised in the house several days in a row.
rather be fishing
AG
Our weim has bad separation anxiety, so boarding them at our vet clinic was getting to the point where we felt really bad about it. We had to put her on Acepromazine to drop her off and she bit our vet one time.

Whenever we leave the house, we leave both our lab and weim out in the house with bedroom doors shut and they're fine. Weim sleeps on the couch and barks at anyone who comes within view of the front window. We typically have someone come by in the morning to feed them and let them out for a while, then again late afternoon, and a third visit late evening. Costs are about the same as boarding, maybe a little bit higher, but the ease of not having to drug our weim and load/transport them across town, then not having to worry about picking them up when we get back into town, makes it a no brainer for us.
emando2000
AG
aTm papi said:

Bobbi Colorado Boarding has a great Groupon deal. We've taken our dogs there without any problems. They also post pictures of your dogs on Facebook so you can what their up to.
If this is the place off of Barton Springs.... my Puppy Mama took our Weimaraner there & he came back with bite marks. Buddy doesn't ever get into skirmishes with other dogs, he's more of the submissive type or just simply ignores other dogs. The guy was kind of a jerk about too apparently. I wasn't there so I cannot provide 1st hand info tho.
JCRiley09
AG
We ended up using Fur Pet Care. We were assigned one of their sitters and everything seemed to go really well. The weekend before, our dog was boarded at the SoCo pet lounge off S. Congress and she didn't eat and was very timid the entire time. With the sitter this weekend, she was able to stay in her own territory. The sitter took pictures twice a day and gave updates, and she even brought in some packages we received from online Christmas shopping. $20 a visit was pretty comparable to boarding and with a better outcome.
MaroonSpirit
AG
Please contact me. I have done this for years and live in South Austin.

Blazerdogs3@gmail.com
Potcake
AG
Do your research on any dogsitter, including requesting references.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.