Austin
Sponsored by

Need a fence built

2,084 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by WestAustinAg
AgBass01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for recommendations for someone to build a privacy fence for me in Round Rock.
Potcake
AG
I would advise not using Patriot. Not real happy with our 4 year old fence.
AgBass01
AG
Just requested an estimate from Round Rock Fence and Pflugerville Pfence. Round Rock already called me back. Gonna get an estimate from both of them.
Mookie
AG
I had pfulgerville pfence do mine and my neighbors. Did a great job, well priced, used screws and cedar. Cleaned up and left no trace.
AgBass01
AG
Good deal, waiting to hear back from them. I'll compare the two estimates and go from there. I like the fact that Pflugerville says their price includes taking down and hauling off the old fence.
kayag
AG
AgBass,

If you'd like another quote, I'd be happy to provide one. You can email me at andy at designbyowner dot com if you are so inclined.
SG09
AG
Round rock fence is good and an Aggie. Built an aluminum panel fence for me last fall. Came back to fix a few small things. I'd use him again down the line if I don't build it myself.
AgBass01
AG
SG09 said:

Round rock fence is good and an Aggie. Built an aluminum panel fence for me last fall. Came back to fix a few small things. I'd use him again down the line if I don't build it myself.
Awesome, going to talk to him today.
BiochemAg97
AG
Our HOA has used Viking Fence, although giving it was chosen by our HOA, they are probably not the most cost effective. But, seem to do a good job.

I would strongly suggest metal posts over the wood posts. Hardest part of replacing a fence is removing the old posts. With metal, you don't have to worry about that for a long time.
CapCity12thMan
AG
we used Viking Fence in 2010. Details were:

Furnish and install 363' of wood privacy fencing. Materials
Height 6 Top Dogear listed at left. Includes the tear out and disposal of 363'
Posts 4x4 Western Red Cedar existing 6' wood privacy fencing.
Rails 2x4x8 #2 Western Red Cedar
Pickets 1x6x6 #2 Western Red Cedar Includes construction and installation of 3 wood walk gates

total cost was $6200. We moved in 2012 so I can't really speak to durability of it.
AgBass01
AG
That's right at about the same footage I'm looking at. The estimate from Pflugerville was $1200 more than that.
CapCity12thMan
AG
see what Viking quotes you and if you need to I will send you my quote if you need some bargaining leverage
redsquirrelAG
AG
Do it yourself. Not that hard.
AgBass01
AG
redsquirrelAG
AG
AgBass01 said:

redsquirrelAG said:

You're trying way too hard.

Just calling you out and someone doesn't like it.
AgBass01
AG
sdc177
AG
redsquirrelAG said:

AgBass01 said:

redsquirrelAG said:

You're trying way too hard.

Just calling you out and someone doesn't like it.
Oh the irony here is rich!
AgBass01
AG
I've done a fence before at my old house where it was a small back yard. The new place is an acre lot and I simply don't want to dig that many damn holes to set all new posts.
WestAustinAg
AG
Viking uses Western Red Cedar. Very few fence builders use that. It is the reason for price differences. It lasts a long time. And I agree on the metal posts.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.