Austin
Sponsored by

So long art

1,856 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by rather be fishing
who?mikejones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't let the door hit you on the way out
Hanrahan
AG
He will be 10x as insufferable in Houston. T&p for h town.

Maybe he can get there in time to join some anti trump protests as well.
Bitter Old Man
AG
Why the hate for Art? He's always seemed like a decent police chief, but admittedly I don't have any experience with APD
who?mikejones
AG
He a politician who throws his officers under the bus, marches with protest groups and blames others for perceived department failures, even though he is in charge.
96ags
AG
Quote:

who throws his officers under the bus
To be fair, the few he "threw under the bus" deserved to be there.
who?mikejones
AG
Some did. Some didnt. That whole praise is public, admonish in private leadership trait is severely lacking in art.
Federale01
AG
It seems like he really went after that black officer who shot the naked teen that rushed him at a full sprint. Let the family on stage during his presser but didn't give the union a chance to address the matter. He was even admonished for how he handled the situation from the city manager and was told to stop criticizing the officer at the academy.

http://www.kvue.com/mb/news/local/chief-acevedo-reprimanded-docked-5-days-pay/154617394

Also, I know the officer he punished for being rude to the homeless folks had been in trouble before, but I have no issues with the police hassling the homeless. They aren't a bunch of poor innocents who are just down on their luck for the most part.
87IE
AG
Bitter Old Man said:

Why the hate for Art? He's always seemed like a decent police chief, but admittedly I don't have any experience with APD
I can only tell you why I can't stand him...

From California and pretty liberal

Wasted $$$ by having the police cruisers repainted (and bragged that it wasn't Austin tax dollars but a federal grant) because he had a hard time recognizing them when he was here either for the interview or shortly after

Quickly spoke out AGAINST his officers before the investigations were finished

Dumbazz that tried to make a joke about being bitten by a dog at a charity auction after one of his officers had shot a dog and there was a public outcry

Was quoted as saying something along the lines of "at least my officers didn't sexually assault her" about the female jogger that was arrested for resisting arrest when she was being stopped for jaywalking

Wouldn't sign off on the purchase of Suppressors

I still have family in Houston and told them this was payback for sending us Elizabeth Watson in the 90's.
rather be fishing
AG
I'm not upset to see him go, but I don't think he was that bad in general.
chipotle
Bye
Federale01
AG
I know it's not all an enforcement issue, but the homeless related issues have gotten much worse even in the 5 years I have been here. You know it's bad when UT students are criticizing the lack of policing on the drag.

Who wants to go anywhere near 6 street any more?
BQ78
AG
Austinites who aren't flaming liberals will celebrate Acevado's departure but I guarantee you with the bozos currently in city government, the replacement will be a clone or worse.
chipotle
96ags said:

Quote:

who throws his officers under the bus
To be fair, the few he "threw under the bus" deserved to be there.

Which ones?
rather be fishing
AG
BQ78 said:

Austinites who aren't flaming liberals will celebrate Acevado's departure but I guarantee you with the bozos currently in city government, the replacement will be a clone or worse.
This is a real concern. I think Adler is on the verge of turning Austin into a full blown commie sanctuary city.
Martin Cash
AG
BQ78 said:

I'm betting it will be a lesbian.
HECUBUS
AG
Guy's a politician, not a policeman. Heard some funny stuff about him from real officers. Non essential for sure.
rather be fishing
AG
HECUBUS said:

Heard some funny stuff about him from real officers.

Go on...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
rather be fishing said:

BQ78 said:

This is a real concern. I think Adler is on the verge of turning Austin into a full blown commie sanctuary city.
Adler should leave with the rest of the protestors.
aTm papi
Maybe the new police chief will raise the standards to become a cop now. Art lowered the minimum education level to HS or GED.
rather be fishing
AG
aTm papi said:

Maybe the new police chief will raise the standards to become a cop now. Art lowered the minimum education level to HS or GED.

I think you would have a hard time filling the need of officers if you raised it to require a college degree.

That's not to say that there aren't many college grads that are officers; I know of more than one Aggie that is in law enforcement, but, my dad was in law enforcement for close to 30 years and I don't know if I could count more than a couple of people he worked with that had more than an associates degree.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.