Austin
Sponsored by

Does the Cap City Club always meet for Game watching parties at the same place?

1,903 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Potcake
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have been interested in meeting up with a bunch of other Aggies for one of the game weekends, but it seems like every time I check on where the Cap city club is meeting up, it's always at 3rd Base way south of town. I was just wondering if there is a reason why they always meet there and not somewhere more central.
Wabs
AG
What part of Austin do you live in Champ? Looking for a place in North or NW Austin?
TxAgg07
AG
Because Third Base gives them money. They don't care about having watch parties in a location that will grow the event if they aren't able to make money off of it.
Gooder Poster
AG
I have been contemplating going to Cover 3 (the OLD Third Base location) on West 6th by MOPAC. Only because that's where I watched the game the last time we beat Bama ha. You and anyone else are welcome to join me (and prob my roommate, too) if you like.

There's also someone thinking of renting out a theater at Alamo on Slaughter, which is an excellent idea, I must say.
Goldie Wilson
Haymaker if you want a more central location
Bitter Old Man
AG
Anyone who has lived in Austin for more than a month, which I realize is probably only half of you, knows there is no perfect place in Austin to meet. No matter where it is, its going to suck for some people to get there. That Third Base has been very accommodating for the club and has also supported it. Its not easy to get a bar in Austin to agree to be the official Aggie spot. Its more than just saying "Hey lets all meet here."

If you can find a better location, please call the board and help them set it up. Remember, they need to agree to have all/most TV's on the Aggie Games, reserve space for 100+ people that might bring kids who don't drink. Also they need to donate $1,000's back to the scholarship foundation, and provide specials and be Aggie Friendly. Also, according to some of you it needs to be convenient for ALL Ags in the Metro area.

I live in Lakeway, so I don't go to the Watch Party. It would be much easier for me if they would pick a place in Bee Cave....

Wabs
AG
Same here. I live in Steiner, don't go to the watch party. But would definitely do so if something were set up on the west side.
Bitter Old Man
AG
If they had enough volunteers, the best thing would be to have 2-3 watch parties all over town. THat would take a lot of work by a lot of people.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I didn't mean to come off like I was complaining, I'm sorry if it seemed like that. I was just curious. Thanks for the info.
Potcake
AG
Still don't know how he picked that handle.
Bitter Old Man
AG
Potcake said:

Still don't know how he picked that handle.
whoopskis
Third Base is practically in San Antonio.
JW
AG
Need an official downtown spot at least
Goldie Wilson
JW said:

Need an official downtown spot at least
Back before the inevitable mid season collapse, there were consistently groups at Bar 96, Draft Pick and Haymaker. Nothing official, but there were plenty of Ags out each weekend.
tamutaylor12
Having a north, central, and south location would be ideal and possibly bring more money for the club. However, as bom said, I would take a significant amount of manpower to arrange with bars. Austin is growing and there are more ags here than ever so I'm hopeful it will eventually happen.
Potcake
AG
It isn't official but the Little Woodrow's on Burnet usually has a good crowd of Ags.
They're opening at 6:00 for the game tomorrow.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.