Austin
Sponsored by

Any updates on the 15 rideshare apps?

10,878 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Potcake
JCRiley09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's the same drivers hopping around from app to app. The only difference now is they'll be paid less money by Uber and Lyft.
tamusc
AG
JCRiley09 said:

It's the same drivers hopping around from app to app. The only difference now is they'll be paid less money by Uber and Lyft.

Exactly, every single driver I had using Fasten also drives for Uber and/or Lyft and every single one said they get paid more using Fasten while I paid about the same. The only complaint they had was an overall drop in volume due to people from our of town not knowing about the local apps.
KT 90
AG
JCRiley09 said:

That is what I was thinking, so not sure why people are excited that they are back. It'll be mostly the same people driving the same cars.

tamusc
AG
The Uber app is definitely better than any of the new ones (though Fasten isn't bad). That combined with not having to using something different when traveling makes it easier for people.

I still have a problem with Uber's business practices and our lovely state legislature just rewarded their bad behavior.
Charpie
AG
I personally don't care.

However, my visually impaired husband does.

1. Is the app accessible?
2. Are the rates comparable with Lyft and Uber?

He plans on using fasten and Lyft going forward.
Aggie09Derek
AG
Uber app is probably the best but also the worst for drivers.
Furlock Bones
AG
the companies need to start doing 2 ratings. one for the driver and one for the car.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Just saw about 50 cabs taking up all three lanes on Congress, honking their horns, driving about 3 mph and effectively blocking traffic. One of the lamest protests I've seen in recent memory.
rather be fishing
AG
Fasten driver from the airport today said he and others were ignoring the off site parking thing. He said he just circles and usually gets a rider on the 1st loop. One of the security people was *****ing at him.
Jason_Ag98
AG
I'm sure that will bring people around to their side.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Uber and Lyft are better at bouncing out the ****ty drivrers, creepy drivers and unclean/unsafe cars. Uber Select was also much cheaper than the Fasten/Fare version. I wish we had UberBlack here.the number of cancels I had with the other apps was very high as well. I will still use Wingz for my prearranged airport rides, I have been very happy with their service, probably because of the favorite drivers function with 2 or 3 people I already know I like.
Aggie09Derek
AG
LYFT definitely is, but uber will hire anyone with any quality car.
MaroonStain
AG
EOT. Greg Abbott signed a worthy bill and received (barely) votes for automatic effect.
BQ92
AG
I plan to drive a bit to pay off part of Christmas.

I assume Lyft will be the first I sign up with. Does anyone have drivers codes before I apply?

Other suggestions are welcome.
johnson2012
AG
Sure, here's my codes. I usually only drive holiday/event times and do pretty well. Lots of circles shuttling between the different bar spots. Domain is good for taking drunks home also, but every now and then you get stuck driving someone out to the burbs and it's tough to have a pick up on the way back in depending on how late it is.

Lyft - Erik61628
Uber - 7g2fe

I do fasten also, but don't remember my password so I'll have to open that when I get home.

I stick with Lyft and Fasten most of the time. Typically only drive uber whenever they're running promotions. Also, you'll soon find, later in the night is much better in terms of constant pick ups. I don't even bother going out before dinner unless there's an event in town. Final tip, don't waste time chasing surge areas if you're not already super close.

Good luck!
JCRiley09
AG
Run a mileage tracking app and track expenses like car washes, waters for passengers, etc. helps out during tax season
MaroonSpirit
AG
any preference?
JCRiley09
AG
I'm a RideAustin loyalist. All of the apps have the same cost +/- $2. The round up for charity at RideAustin, plus the fact that they're local and filled the void after Uber and Lyft left because the city was mean, sells them for me.
JCRiley09
AG
As a driver myself, we're all running most of the apps, so if there's an Uber driver in Georgetown or Buda, he or she is probably running Lyft, Fasten, and RideAustin as well
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
After expenses, what would you say you are clearing per hour.
BQ92
AG
Anyone wish to share a driver referral code for Fasten?

JCRiley09
AG
Fasten: KJ2127
JCRiley09
AG
Another one bites the dust...

I just got an email from Fasten saying that it's all over on Monday, March 5. They were sold to an international corporation that doesn't operate in the US.

I think that makes it just RideAustin, Uber, and Lyft now. It has to be just a matter of time before RideAustin folds too.
Potcake
AG
There is also Wingz, which is primarily to/from airport, which we use alot.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.