Austin
Sponsored by

red light camera

2,205 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by tamutaylor12
Legendary Texags Poster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sure this has been beat to death but I wasn't around for those threads.
Got a red light camera ticket in Hutto.
Not denying running the light.
Most municipalities have removed them. With there plenty of precedent around the state having them overturned, how is Hutto still allowed to have one and still issuing tickets from it?
Hanrahan
AG
I gleefully ignored two citations from basdrop for well over a year, including all kinds of veiled legal threats and letters from their law firm. They finally gave up to save on postage and mailing fees. As long as u don't live in that county and they can't put a hold on your vehicle registration I say ignore it and get chuckles out of all the collections efforts.
Potcake
AG
Personally, I love waiting for 1-3 cars getting through the intersection while I stare at a green light. Glad you got to the next red light earlier, Aholes.
rather be fishing
AG
It's amazing. Municipalities implement these new fangled cameras to try and keep drivers honest to the written driving laws and make travel less of a hazard for the other people who are obeying the law, and then the people who get the tickets keep not paying their fines and tying up tax dollars and skirting their legal obligations.

It's a shame we have to worry about some ahole in a hurry running a red light to gain 30 seconds on the car behind them.

I deal with this daily on my commute through the neighborhood roads to avoid the MOPAC monotony, and it's astonishing that people still think they are going to gain fractions of a minute of time by squeezing through a four-way stop behind the car in front of them, when in reality, all it does it create a hazard for everyone else.
jopatura
AG
Hutto City Council is voting in November whether to renew the contract.

Basically they'll send the ticket to collections, they can block you from renewing your vehicle registration, and they can't report it to the credit bureaus. It's up to you whether it's worth it not to pay.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
It's amazing. Municipalities implement these new fangled cameras to try and keep drivers honest to the written driving laws and make travel less of a hazard for the other people who are obeying the law, and then the people who get the tickets keep not paying their fines and tying up tax dollars and skirting their legal obligations.

It's a shame we have to worry about some ahole in a hurry running a red light to gain 30 seconds on the car behind them.

I deal with this daily on my commute through the neighborhood roads to avoid the MOPAC monotony, and it's astonishing that people still think they are going to gain fractions of a minute of time by squeezing through a four-way stop behind the car in front of them, when in reality, all it does it create a hazard for everyone else.

Im not saying that you are wrong about the aholes, but when you have tax dollars tied up in countless people having to go explain that they weren't running a red light, just making a right turn, it's not worth the enforcement.
Leeman
quote:
Hutto City Council is voting in November whether to renew the contract.

Basically they'll send the ticket to collections, they can block you from renewing your vehicle registration, and they can't report it to the credit bureaus. It's up to you whether it's worth it not to pay.
Only if they are in a county that does that. Williamson County does not block renewals for example.
BiochemAg97
AG
If I recall correctly, when round rock dropped theirs, about half the tickets had gone uncollected. And with no way to really enforce collection, it wasn't worth it.
Aust Ag
AG
Any new news on this front?
tamutaylor12
I paid round rock for mine. I was turning right and didn't come to a complete stop as the light just turned red. I was guilty by the letter of the law but no cop would have ever given me a ticket. In fact, it is the only moving violation I've ever had and I'm mid 30s.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.