Austin
Sponsored by

KLBJ 590 AM

7,042 Views | 41 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Aust Ag
AgGrad99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since I saw this thread, I tuned in and listened yesterday.

Goodness. It's a big bag of nothing.

It's odd to me, that a city this large, has such bad radio.
AgNColorado
What's the talk show to listen to on the way home now? I really enjoyed the Jeff and Ed show with the broad range of stuff they discussed.

I've tried to give the new show a chance but it's just awful. Unless you're a hardcore cowboy and/or longhorn fan it's unlistenable. I understand it's Austin so being somewhat of a longhorn homer is acceptable but damn.
Charpie
AG
Martin Cash said:

expresswrittenconsent said:

Radio is dead in the insane format they (590) use. Amazing Ward lasted 20yrs. I dont think I have listened in 10.
An hour on 590 consisted of 8min of news to begin the hour and to begin the 2nd 30 minutes of the hour. So 16, min off the board. Then you have the typical 18-20 minutes per hour of ads. So for the punishment of listening to 1hr you get about 24 minutes of discussion. That's a major fail in a world with millions of podcasts that are ALL content, no news, minimal (skippable) ads, but also a world where there are now 10-15 247 cable news channels that each offer hours of similar daily content and usually with better hosts and production values.
Exaggerate much??
No. He's right. Most stations run anywhere between 12-20 minutes worth of commercials. The only thing that is good about local radio is the news at the top and bottom of the hour. Everything else sucks
Martin Cash
AG
Charpie said:

Martin Cash said:

Radio is dead in the insane format they (590) use. Amazing Ward lasted 20yrs. I dont think I have listened in 10.
An hour on 590 consisted of 8min of news to begin the hour and to begin the 2nd 30 minutes of the hour. So 16, min off the board. Then you have the typical 18-20 minutes per hour of ads. So for the punishment of listening to 1hr you get about 24 minutes of discussion. That's a major fail in a world with millions of podcasts that are ALL content, no news, minimal (skippable) ads, but also a world where there are now 10-15 247 cable news channels that each offer hours of similar daily content and usually with better hosts and production values.
Exaggerate much??
No. He's right. Most stations run anywhere between 12-20 minutes worth of commercials. The only thing that is good about local radio is the news at the top and bottom of the hour. Everything else sucks
There isn't 8 minutes of news at the top and bottom of the hour. Usually four at the top, and about 3 at the half hour. And there isn't 36 minutes of news and ads every hour.
expresswrittenconsent
Martin Cash said:

Charpie said:

Martin Cash said:

Exaggerate much??
There isn't 8 minutes of news at the top and bottom of the hour. Usually four at the top, and about 3 at the half hour. And there isn't 36 minutes of news and ads every hour.

You're so adorable.
AgNColorado
No idea how many minutes of commercials there really are but it sure seems like it's all low T and home buying/selling commercials.
Martin Cash
AG
CanyonLakeAg said:

No idea how many minutes of commercials there really are but it sure seems like it's all low T and home buying/selling commercials.
It's not all low T. There are plenty of ads for dental implants, lasik surgery, snoring treatment, and CPAPs.
Aust Ag
AG
I like that as of a few days ago, I still heard Jeff Ward doing some (recorded) commercials.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.