Austin
Sponsored by

Who are yall using for home internet service in Austin?

2,051 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggieangler93
ReloadAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Currently have ATT DSL and they are f ing terrible. Can't get out bill right every month and I'd love to change.
aTm papi
ATT and no problems here.
Drip99
AG
Time Warner because I don't have a choice in dripping springs. Have not had any problems though
MaroonTxAg03
AG
Suddenlink in Pflugerville......so far so good. Cable modem is fast and cheaper than ATT. Came from the crappy DSL service and this has been much better.
BQWife03
AG
AT&T...no problems here either.
CapCityAg09
I have att dsl and it is terrible in the scofield area, i'll be looking to swtich when my 12 months are up
Dr T and the Women
AG
ATT Uverse. much better product than their DSL. No real issues so far but not in all areas
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgBass01
AG
Timer Warner Cable in Round Rock, no problems.
WILDMAN95
AG
Roadrunner in far south Austin. I do occasionally have to go upstairs and reset the modem, but no major probs. Been thinking about checking to see what other choices are available, but haven't yet. Would rather get away from the goliaths if possible. May be unpossible though.
Mookie
AG
TWC for cable and Internet in west RR. No problems...
Mookie
AG
TWC for cable and Internet in west RR. No problems...
porchdawg
AG
TWC for internet in Austin Zilker park area - very reliable, no issues.
Potcake
AG
ATT Uverse. Love having wi-fi and no real dead spots
Senator Blutarski
AG
Grande with fiber to the house.
MaroonStain
AG
Uverse starting next Saturday. HBO, Cinemax for 3 months, HD included plus wireless modem...and a $200 debit card.
rather be fishing
AG
Reload, we've been dealing with all kinds of crap with AT&T. They had the name wrong on the bill, and every time we would call them to fix it, they couldn't figure out how to fix anything. Then we started getting late notices, even though we had already paid the bill. Finally, after getting on the phone with a guy in El Paso, that assured my wife he was not in India, they finally got everything fixed, and linked the wireless with our phone bill. So hopefully everything will be easier now.
cmtx
my folks have had roadrunner since '99 and have never had an issue. i currently have it as well. unfortunately my apartment complex signed a deal with grande... so we will be switching this month.
Cole97
AG
We have AT&T Uverse and have had no problems.
BadMoonRisin
AG
quote:
ATT Uverse. Love having wi-fi and no real dead spots

I have AT&T Uverse and love the TV and internet, but I cant even have decent coverage in my house. It's by no means a large house, the office (and gateway) is in the NE corner of my house and I get little to no coverage in the SW corner. As I said it isnt a gigantic house (> 2000 sqft). Any idea how to fix this?
ELButler95
AG
I have grande. They worked me a deal. I have 40mbps service. It runs just under $40/month. I love them for internet. Their cable servie is meh.

I dropped TWC roadrunner for grande. The service has been much faster for the price I pay. In 2 years, the service has only been interrupted twice. so, the reliability has been better with Grande.
Cole97
AG
BadMoon, I would say its something with your router.

My house is a bit over 2200 sq feet, and we don't have any problems getting a signal. I even get a signal outside on my back porch and it is on the opposite side of the hose.
SpicewoodAg
AG
TWC has been my only choice for a long time. There have been ups and downs over the years. Mostly solid now. I just found out that AT&T Uverse is finally available in my area. Thinking about it....
jah003
S
Love our uverse service... Just called yesterday and got the bill lowered by about 40 bucks (for TV and Internet). I call every year or so and threaten to cancel... Usually end up with some pretty awesome deals and Internet/cable upgrades.

As far as the service goes, I've never had any issues in 3+ years.
Aggietaco
AG
Bump.

Been with TWC>Spectrum since we bought 11 years ago in NW Austin. Only the typical problems, mainly good service that doesn't require me to do anything but pay my bill. Since spectrum took over, pricing has gone up and they aren't willing to negotiate much. Currently have their 400 Mbps service and get a $10/mo discount over the full, non-new customer, rate because I have to call them monthly to remind them I don't have a Spectrum mobile account that was fraudulently linked to my account. We've slowly been adding connected devices to our home that are hogging bandwidth and I'd like to upgrade service.

Have been hoping for Google but that will never happen and AT&T only offers 50 Mbps service. I randomly noticed that Suddenlink is available to me at their Gig (940 Mbps) speed for less than I pay Spectrum. Anyone with Suddenlink in the North Austin or RR area that can comment on service?
fig96
AG
You don't have AT&T Fiber available?

I've had a few different tiers of their service in Cedar Park and it's been blazing fast across the board.
Austintm
Glad this got bumped. Been using ATT Uverse for years, but am frustrated that teh highest service available is 75mbps (Steiner Ranch). Spectrum has 400mbps or even 1 gig to my home. Would love to hear about experiences with Spectrum internet.
Aggietaco
AG
fig96 said:

You don't have AT&T Fiber available?

I've had a few different tiers of their service in Cedar Park and it's been blazing fast across the board.
No, 50 Mbps max.

Rep told me if my next door neighbor had it, I could get an estimate to have line run, but I believe the closes ATT fiber user is like 5 houses down across the street in technically a different 'hood.
Aggietaco
AG
Austintm said:

Glad this got bumped. Been using ATT Uverse for years, but am frustrated that teh highest service available is 75mbps (Steiner Ranch). Spectrum has 400mbps or even 1 gig to my home. Would love to hear about experiences with Spectrum internet.
With them now. They are fine if you are OK with the pricing. Spectrum doesn't haggle (in my experience) with existing users, so after the new user discount expires, you get what you get.
tailgatetimer10
AG
I have the fastest speed available in my area, and many of you are more than double mine. Sucks. (25mbs)
Aggieangler93
AG
ATT Fiber

Speed is normally at least 600Mb down and 970 Mb up. No complaints here from me.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.