Culpepper --> Central Station

16,479 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Jody Smith
evermoreAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think Lyle and Robert Earl both played at Grins and one of them recorded a song about it. Their beer sure was cold.
evermoreAg
AG
One more thing. That terrible circle was on University until the late 1960s--maybe 1968 or 69. They took it out and tied up traffic over a very long summer.
AggiePhil
AG
Too many traffic circles have been removed over the years. I think it's time they started making a comeback.
BVD
Ft. Shiloh (sp)

The little bar that was at Post Oak mall

Tom's BBQ

3C's BBQ-the old location near downtown.

79swim
Ahh Julies, worked there as an undergraduate, I made livelong friends. It was owned by an outfit called Southern Restaurant Association I think, at that time they had Bombay Bicycle Club and Hooligan's I think it was called, it was in Houston. I remember they used to hire parolees as dishwashers to give them a chance, one was pretty scary. They didn't last long but the others were good to me. The scary one threatened the lady manager when I was there because he wanted his check in the middle of his shift, but back then we didn't take it seriously.
Tailgate88
AG
Holy 13 year old thread bumps Batman!
Jody Smith
It was a strange decade. There was another gruesome stabbing. There was a bar in Post Oak Mall called Kays Cabaret. Local musicians would play there. In 84 or 85 a man followed a band home to an after party and stabbed the whole band numerous times, no deaths but a horrible rampage.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.