What is the Reed House along George Bush

26,932 Views | 37 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PS3D
AgDotCom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I agree with fossil_ag, and I'll add that I doubt developers would be interested in moving a cemetary.

The fact that A&M owns the property pretty much makes it off limits to the private sector anyway, unless TAMU decides to privatize some of its facilities. Even then, it would be TAMU's decision, not the private side's.
BradC34
AG
fossil_ag said:

Develop as you must ... but don't mess with the burial spot of President Lafayette Lumpkin Foster in the horse pasture at the intersection of Marion Pugh and Luther.
Did they ever get those graves moved to the Aggie Field of Honor like they wanted to?
O.G.
fossil_ag said:

There comes a time and circumstance when honorable men must say NO to developers. That little spot of ground is about 60 feet square and a giant oak tree shades the grave of President Foster ... I estimate the age of that tree to be 68 years old ... probably planted in 1939 when the cemetery was moved from its original location.

No other building, monument or marker remains on the TAMU campus of those earliest days of A&M College's struggle for existance ... except for the mortal remains of the original 12, that are by now intermixed with the soil at that site.

We must honor that ground as a remaining symbol of our Legacy.

This. Enough is enough.
PS3D
AggieBowhunter10 said:

fossil_ag said:

Develop as you must ... but don't mess with the burial spot of President Lafayette Lumpkin Foster in the horse pasture at the intersection of Marion Pugh and Luther.
Did they ever get those graves moved to the Aggie Field of Honor like they wanted to?
As far as I know, yes. You shouldn't necro 10+ year old threads.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.