Homicide in Northgate

22,915 Views | 217 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Anchor
DanTheMan55
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
The report seems to indicate a gang of attackers chased the victims down, probably cornered them, and may have held them helpless as the designated killer delivered his fatal stabs.

Wow man!! Talk about speculation. I highly doubt thats how it went down.
txdragonfly
AG
Shouldn't you be petrified by now?
Keegan99
AG
quote:

Northgate bars are a magnet for skunks and drunks. Wide-open-anything-goes bars have no place inside the limits of a civilized city and particularly within a densely populated housing area. Shut 'em down, move 'em out, bulldoze that festering sore.

svahsvah
quote:
Northgate bars are a magnet for skunks and drunks. Wide-open-anything-goes bars have no place inside the limits of a civilized city and particularly within a densely populated housing area. Shut 'em down, move 'em out, bulldoze that festering sore

thank you for offering such a reasonable, sensible suggestion
treloni
Reports from a friend in CSPD indicate that the fight was originally over a girl (figures!).
2 suspects have been apprehended and are undergoing questioning.

-Treloni
Lekner XII
AG
This kind of crap happens in most major cities. We're fortunate that it is so rare in College Station. I think the clientele at Northgate has changed tremendously since I was in school. And not for the better.
Waltonloads08
AG
quote:
I think the clientele at Northgate has changed tremendously

really? tremendously?
nhamp07
AG
anyone know if the stabbers were A&M students?
Wildmen03
AG
I'd hope not
J. Walter Weatherman
quote:
I think the clientele at Northgate has changed tremendously

that side of northgate might have. when you put in trendy bars like that you're going to attract different kinds of people than you would at places like the chicken.

quote:
Northgate bars are a magnet for skunks and drunks. Wide-open-anything-goes bars have no place inside the limits of a civilized city and particularly within a densely populated housing area. Shut 'em down, move 'em out, bulldoze that festering sore.

but this might be the biggest overreaction i have ever seen

[This message has been edited by Large_Farva (edited 4/5/2007 1:47p).]
Wildmen03
AG
actually if those trendy bars gets those people out of the rest of the bars that I go to, then more power to them.
J. Walter Weatherman
agreed, i like going into bars and not having to worry about some popped collar frat guy getting mad at me because im in his way and he cant buy his zima fast enough

[This message has been edited by Large_Farva (edited 4/5/2007 1:58p).]
aggiemike02
AG
quote:
The report seems to indicate a gang of attackers chased the victims down, probably cornered them, and may have held them helpless as the designated killer delivered his fatal stabs. I hope the bar had adequate video footage so that all participants and passive onlookers can be readily identified, chased down by the police, cornered and hog-tied helpless until charged as accessories to murder and punished.

How old are you?
Señor Chang
AG
I just talked to a friend who was in the bar last night when they started fighting. They bumped into him and the girl he was with got hit in the face.
DakotaAg01
AG
quote:
Texas A&M University - College Station

Timely Warning - Campus Crime Alert

Timely warnings to the campus community comply with the federal Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act).

Criminal Homicide

100 block of Lodge St.

College Station

The College Station Police Department has reported that they are currently investigating a criminal homicide case. On Wednesday, April 5, 2007, at approximately 01:45 a.m., officers located two stabbing victims in the 100 block of Lodge Street. The victims, who are twin brothers, were transported to St. Joseph’s Hospital by College Station Fire Department personnel. One of the victims was later pronounced dead. The other victim is undergoing treatment for multiple stab wounds.

The deceased person has been identified as twenty-two year old, Jonathan Bailey. The surviving victim has been identified as twenty-two year old, Janson Bailey.

The College Station Police Department states that the preliminary investigation reveals that the victims had been involved in an altercation with other subjects inside the “V-Bar” located at 110 College Main. All involved individuals were asked to leave the bar. However, a fight ensued in front of the bar. The fight between the victims and several other subjects continued east-bound on Patricia Street, eventually ending in the 100 block of Lodge Street where both victims were stabbed. The suspects then fled on foot east-bound towards Nagle Street.

Information collected at the scene led detectives to the location of the possible suspects. Currently, two suspects were located and are presently speaking with detectives. Police are looking for no other suspects at this time. This case remains under investigation.

If you witnessed or have any information regarding this case, please contact the College Station Police Department at (979) 764-3600.

TexasRebel
AG
some of those bars are a horribly sad use of some very nice historical buildings (registered or not)...

The Corner
V-Bar
Hookah Station
etc...
victory
AG
quote:
Northgate bars are a magnet for skunks and drunks

What? yeah this kind of stuff happens all the tim, right? Have you ever even been to Northgate? Yes The V-bar is know as a popular place for your so called "frat guys" with short tempers. However they are few and far, most are not that bad. I personally dont really care for places liek the V-bar, Library or Gatsby's however I do go in those places quiet a bit as a result of my fiance and her girlfriends going there. I have never even come close to seing a fight there. Some of you need to really stop acting like there is always problems at Northgate or specifically the "frat bars". To be honest with you I have seen more problems at the Chicken and Dry Bean than any other bar on Northgate.
These problems are rare and they occur everywhere.
victory
AG
quote:
some of those bars are a horribly sad use of some very nice historical buildings (registered or not)...

The Corner
V-Bar
Hookah Station
etc...

The Corner does not belong in that group.

LWInk2
The twins were celebrating their birthdays.
Deats99
AG

[This message has been edited by Deats99 (edited 4/16/2007 10:34a).]
A Net Full of Jello
AG
quote:

The Corner
V-Bar
Hookah Station
etc...

Hookah Station makes my stomach turn. How could they force out a great establishment like Hollicks to put in Hookah Station.
o3
quote:
Hookah Station makes my stomach turn. How could they force out a great establishment like Hollicks to put in Hookah Station.
No one forced anyone to do anything. Holicks decided the rent was too high so they moved out.

"There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't."
Deats99
AG
Sorry But I tried and I could not think of words to better express my general disgust with those individuals.
Deats99
AG
Sorry But I tried and I could not think of words to better express my general disgust with those individuals.
Deats99
AG
I am so sorry I posted twice. Take the meaning as you may
Joe R
Wow and I thought it was much to do about nothing when I drove by this morning at 6 am.
michaelh
AG
its now on espn.com

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2827266
Jabberwocky
AG
quote:
No one forced anyone to do anything. Holicks decided the rent was too high so they moved out.
Well...yes, but that's not the whole story. The rent they decided was too high had recently gone way up. Doesn't mean Hookah Station had anything to do with it, though.

--
Bad grammar makes me [sic].
NoACDamnit
quote:

Who forced them out?

It's economics. The owner of the building was not getting the maximum amount of return he could on the property. It would fly in the face of capitalism to keep a business there that can't pay as high of rent as another business for no other reason than to make people feel good.
Wildmen03
AG
http://riceowls.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/bailey_jonathan00.html

The basketball profile of the victim
rustybq99
AG
quote:
It's economics. The owner of the building was not getting the maximum amount of return he could on the property. It would fly in the face of capitalism to keep a business there that can't pay as high of rent as another business for no other reason than to make people feel good.

You are correct. To that end, I choose not patronize any establishment that moves into that space. If enough people did that, then the space would be unable to turn a profit, thus screwing the owners who made the decision in the first place. I know, there will be people that go there no matter what, and that it'll do just fine minus a few people that would probably never go anyway. I feel good that HS will never see a dime from me.
Lekner XII
AG
Yes, I think it has changed dramatically since I was in school. You weren't IN school at the time I graduated - so would you know? And, yes, I was around for pretty good brawls around the Chicken and Dudley's. Thing is, those were different kinds of fights. This is a whole different animal - and one that I think it is sad we'll have to deal with.
ooshwa
Staff
AG
FROM CSPD:

UPDATE:
At approximately 3:00 P.M. College Station detectives arrested a suspect in reference to the murder of Jonathan Bailey. The suspect has been identified as:

Ronald Andrew Johnson Jr.
23 YOA
College Station Resident

The investigation continues with additional charges possible. The suspect is currently awaiting transport to the Brazos County Jail.
mherzber
What is your source for this? I looked on the CSPD site, post link if possible.
ryn
It's on KBTX's website if that counts for anything.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.