Should Highway 6 be widened to 3 Lanes each way within B-CS?

4,196 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ags4rocks
fossil_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It would be nice to have three lanes of Hwy 6 each way in and out of BCS ... but you would have to live with one lane each way for 3-5 years during the construction. I am thinking we should be happy with what we have for the time being ... going first for a loop completely around both cities to reroute pass through traffic ... and in CS particularly concentrate on developing more collector streets to facilitate internal flow of local traffic, i.e., more north/south streets such as Munson, Welch, Stallings to University.
Aston04
AG
I'm just happy they are finally working on completely expanding highway 6 from Waco to BCS.
bcstx06
Now 15 years later, this is finally happening, but I think the city of Bryan needs to push for the expansion to go further north then HWY 21. Do they never expect growth past that point? Isn't the new Interstate freeway supposed to pass through that area?
https://wtaw.com/txdot-virtual-presentation-about-rudder-freeway-expansion-debuts-wednesday-afternoon/

Post removed:
by user
555-PINF
RIP fossil_ag. His knowledge of the history of CS was unmatched. I always loved reading his posts.
PS3D
It will be a mess when they finally do begin reconstruction. The Rock Prairie Road bridge will have to be either rebuilt completely or heavily modified. There's some other stuff, too, the University Drive/TX-6 intersection gets the same treatment as the FM 60/FM 2818 intersection (except for exit lanes for frontage roads to continue unabated), there'll be a roundabout added to Associates Avenue and Harvey Road, and a continuous flow intersection for TX-40 and Highway 6...but only for traffic turning north from eastbound TX-40.
Post removed:
by user
CS78
Time to move the exits again.
doubledog
The people of Brazos County to TxDOT : Please widen highway 6.

TxDOT : No we want to build crazy intersections on 2818 instead.
AggiePhil
AG
The Ghost of DUCK01 said:

RIP fossil_ag. His knowledge of the history of CS was unmatched. I always loved reading his posts.

Fossil died?
rsa
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

Here's a trip down memory lane.

A third lane for people to drive in 10 mph under the speed limit? Send it!
Traffic is slow enough through town as it is -- only 10mph under would be a blessing. With some of the "drivers" we have here I predict traffic coming to a grinding halt multiple times a day if you give them 3 lanes to obsess about.
etmydst
AG
So FM 2818 is good as-is?
TLIAC
AG
AggiePhil said:

Fossil died?
He died several years ago (October 2017). Sadly, his son has passed away too.
555-PINF
TLIAC said:

AggiePhil said:

Fossil died?

Didn't know that. Wow.
AggiePhil
AG
TLIAC said:

AggiePhil said:

Fossil died?
Wow, that's sad. Looks like his daughter died last year too. :-(
ags4rocks
I think TXDOT already has plans to widen to 3 lanes and make it to where you have constant travel lanes with few exits just to get to main roads........I thought this project was suppose to be let this year or possible next year....
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.