Raising Canes

19,033 Views | 227 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DigDogDoo
gmf_aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
When does it open? if it is open, is it good?
txdragonfly
AG
It's already open
BaylorGuy314
I ate there when returning from a drunken trip to Bourbon Street.

I might have been hungover and just needed some food in my system, but I remember it being awesome.
Aggie
AG
pretty much exactly the same at Laynes

I have not eaten at the one in CS though
AggieSarah01
AG
Is it really open?

Last week everyone was saying it was open, and I drove by it and it definitely wasn't open yet.
gmf_aggie
I drove by it today, and it was DEAD. had a "now hiring" stand in the parking lot. so i just drove by and went to layne's for the "sure thing".
Caliber
AG
quote:
so i just drove by and went to layne's for the "sure thing".

which is what you should do even when caine's is open...layne's is so much better. I've eaten at caine's in 3 different cities and am always happy to be able to get back to laynes
victory
AG
wanted to go there for lunch today, wasnt open yet.
Caliber
AG
oh, they decided to close up shop, they read how much support layne's had on texags and decided it wasn't worth opening in college station
Boy Wonder
Laynes and Canes. It's like saying poop tastes better than crap. It's the same thing.
lancevance
But will Raising Caines have that special sauce they serve at Laynes? I prefer chicken express though.
Aggie
AG
yes..raising canes has the same sauce
FTAco07
AG
if they have a drive through that isn't a 30 minute wait for lunch on the weekends i may try it
555-PINF
quote:
yes..raising canes has the same sauce

It's the same type of sauce, but no where near as good as Layne's. Cain's is a lot more mayo heavy or something - it's too "slick" tasting.
yaterag
AG
They are not already open, the open sign is on but I went by the other day and they are just hiring right now. The tables are still in plastic wrap.
2006Aggie
laynes will always be better
aggiechamp
I am the manager at Layne's and Canes will be opening the first of June from what I have heard. Please come and support Layne's! I work nights so come on in and introduce yourself and I will be sure you leave a happy person!!!
jeepwranglin01
AG
so what are you guys planning to do to compete?
Aggie
AG
Canes will bring in their fair share of business..I do not think that people that have been going to Laynes will ditch them for Caines..they might try Canes a time or two but will return to Laynes

Canes is in a very nice attractive building, well light ect ect...therefore yes they will attract the average Joe and his family that are driving by

however, Laynes is Aggie owned and has been a staple here in CS and with A&M for along time now...on that fact alone I dont believe Laynes business will take a big hit..they may at first with Canes being brand new and everybody wanting to check it out...

I will be down at Laynes...

[This message has been edited by Aggie (edited 5/9/2006 2:22p).]
cone
AG
If Cane's has noticeably faster service than Layne's, than that's a big selling point to me right there.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:
Laynes is Aggie owned

Do you know if the local Cane's franchisee went to A&M?

[This message has been edited by AGnCS (edited 5/9/2006 2:38p).]
Aggie
AG
quote:
Do you know if the local Cane's franchisee went to A&M?

no I dont..dont really care..because if he/she did....it makes the matter even worse
Dad
AG
Canes is still not open.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
No point in them rushing to open now.......the semester's pretty much over and business at places like that are going to drop off considerably starting next week.

When does summer school start? Might as well shoot for opening that week.
Ag2k1
AG
quote:
I work nights so come on in and introduce yourself and I will be sure you leave a happy person!!!

Chicken strips AND a happy ending? Now I can skip the trip to massage parlor on the way home.
corndog04
AG
quote:
no I dont..dont really care..because if he/she did....it makes the matter even worse

...because Aggies do not lie, cheat, steal, or compete with each other in an open market.
95_Aggie
AG
quote:

That's just stupid. You have something against capitalism or a free market economy?
victory
AG
^
from the looks of it everybody does.
Aggie
AG
quote:
because Aggies do not lie, cheat, steal, or compete with each other in an open market.

I have no problem whatsoever with Canes opening in CS..so dont pretend I am saying something I am not

I do have a problem with them putting their restaurant 50 yards from Laynes front door.....Bryan/College Station is more than big enough to support the 2 business...there is no reason for them to be that close

and FYI, Canes has a reputation of doing this..putting their business next to a similiar establishment and trying to run them out of business

you can look at it any way you like..I feel it is wrong

[This message has been edited by Aggie (edited 5/9/2006 8:19p).]
95_Aggie
AG
you must hate WalMart, too.

and Lowe's, Home Depot, etc ....
J. Walter Weatherman
quote:
I do have a problem with them putting their restaurant 50 yards from Laynes front door.....Bryan/College Station is more than big enough to support the 2 business...there is no reason for them to be that close

im not gonna lie, i thought that was pretty shady too. there are plenty of other places for them to go, why right next to laynes?

needless to say, i have been to canes in baton rouge and its not anything that great. laynes is much better, hell even chicken express is better than canes.
Picadillo
There will be hair and finger parts in every happy piece of Caine's chicken strips.
jeepwranglin01
AG
i think that if you have the money to build, the real estate that canes is located at is prime. regardless of where laynes is located
Aggie
AG
quote:
the real estate that canes is located at is prime. regardless

wings n more - closed
Carries - closed

not to mention the half dozen restaurants that occupied the building right next door that have closed down as well
rhoswen
AG
quote:

Walgreens and CVS/Eckerds do this all over the country and neither one of them seem to be hurting.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.