Location of the Damned (next to the old Wings)

3,371 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 18 yr ago by (Removed:11023A)
Bob Ross
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How many restaurants can you name that were in the Location of the Damned (the perpetually failing restaurant to the North of the old Wings where Cazadores is now?)

Bonus points for naming them in order.
Anonymous Source
S
There was a Chinese Buffet
Porky's Hamburgers...lasted about 6 weeks
El Arroyo

Jeez...it's been too many to think about.

Gig 'Em
BigAg95
AG
I think it was a sushi place between El Arroyo and the chinese buffet.

Cazadores has been there a while, I think it opened around the same time as that horrid stacked enchilada place that closed down.
Rex Racer
AG
It was a pizza place for awhile, too. They paid their employees in cash so they wouldn't have to pay social security taxes. Needless to say, they weren't in business long.
dvldog
AG
Snuffer's
glagma
AG
Cazadores will probably last a while there, they have good food and always have great service.
victory
AG
Wasnt it a Mama's Pizza one time?
Anonymous Source
S
I always thought Mama's was in the WnM building next door. That's where I remember going to pick up those delicious breadsticks.

Gig 'Em
djaggie00
AG
you mean kerri's aint alive and kickin?!?!?!?
drivinwest
AG
Snuffer's was horrible. They served me a half raw hamburger once.

I thought El Arroyo was going to last.
gigem92
AG
RacerX93

You are correct about the pizza place. It was called Rockyano's.
I worked there and the owner did pay in cash, when he did pay, so as to avoid taxes.
To tell you how much of a sleaze he was, he put his wife's name on all the ownership papers, and when the IRS did finally come and close the place down, they came after her and not him.
I was working for them when they got shut down. My roomate, who also worked there, called and told me if I had anythign in there, I better come get it because they were shutting it down. You should have seen the beer trucks parked in front racing in to get all their kegs and taps, ect. before it got closed down!

[This message has been edited by gigem92 (edited 1/17/2006 10:58p).]
Icecream_Ag
S
dj apparently all these uppity texans dont like NM tex-mex. Personally I think if you just throw an egg on it their the food was much better, but I grew up on that. Oh well, enjoyed it while it lasted.
labmansid
Seems like there was also a Mexican-Seafood type place in the mix. I don't remember the name offhand, maybe something-Del Mar?
Burdizzo
AG
I ate at Kerry's once or twice. The food wasn't bad when I was there. However, the overall atmosphere of the place sucked. The Dixie Chicken looks rustic, but Kerry's just looked like a dump. They pulled up the tile to reveal the concrete floor, but they left the streaks of the mastic. They screwed corrugated tin to the walls right over the sheetrock, and didn't even do a good job of that. And the bathroom was still trashed out with all the greek frat letters scratched in the wall from Wings-N-More days. I usually don't care one way or the other about atmosphere, but Kerry's really was a dump.

And before it was Wings-N-More, it was a Sambo's Restaurant.
Fleen
Burd, they are talking about the building next to Wings, I think...
BigAg95
AG
labman - that sounds right
Dad
AG
I think Cazadores is going to last at that spot.

I like their lunch specials.
Burdizzo
AG
Yes, I know that Fleen. Mama's Pizza --> Cazadores. I was commenting on the mention of Kerry's and why they are out of business.
Fleen
OK, OK, I was just saying...Plus it was still Wings when I left...
Icecream_Ag
S
Burd cant argue with that, its just hard hearing people complain about the food, since it wasnt the worst in town. I also know the people that owned Kerry's, so I was upset for them.
bigjordo
AG
kerrys wasnt payin their alcohol distributors.....told us to quit bothering them about the money they owed us....miraculously they paid the day before they closed
TexasRebel
AG
Nobody mentioned Shanghai's...for the week or so it was opened, which was a few years after Mama's shut down
Icecream_Ag
S
Doesnt sound like something these people would do, but I do know that they had someone else handling things. Maybe they knew, maybe they didnt found out until they were closing. Just hate to see the only food to remind me of home is gone.
txdragonfly
AG
big, which one do you work for?
bigjordo
AG
worked for beverage oasis.....graduated in december and quit....good place to work, boss is cool
Drewmeister
AG
bigjordo, I think you were in my tech writing class this past summer. I can't even remember the prof's name, but I remember you talking about working at the liquor store.

I didn't realize Beverage Oasis did stuff for restaurants, as the actual storefront is kinda small (but what they do have is usually pretty reasonable).

Never ate at Kerri's, but I think I went to Wings-n-More more when it was there than after they moved. The only time I went to the place next door was way back when it was Shanghai (at least 10 years ago).
war hymn aggie
AG
I think it was originally opened up in the early 70's under the name Fontana's. Italian food. Mama's Pizza replaced it a few years later.
Easy92
It was Fontana's. Never saw anybody parked out front, but there was always a couple of Cars in back. Me and my Dad ventured in one time to eat and were met by a guy who politely told us, "it wasn't a good time".
texag2006-4

[This message has been edited by texag2006-4 (edited 1/27/2006 4:05p).]
Emotional Support Cobra
AG
speaking of which, we drove by Kerris/Wings this evening, and the whole damn building was demolished!!! I am pretty sure it was there this afternoon? Or did I just not notice it earlier?

I kind of felt all sad since Wings was such a great restaurant there (though I'm glad they expanded).
spazdout
AG
yea, same with me, i remember driving by there, thinking about this thread, and seeing it demolished, hopefully with them demolishing it, it will break the curse and open something with more staying power.
Nom de Plume
AG
I saw the dozers in the middle of the rubble this afternoon. It didn't take long to raze the entire place.
MonkeyKnifeFighter
(Removed:11023A)
AG
How is the old course playing these days?? Any grass on the greens left??

I bet that ball is rolling like a mother on the fairways.................since it is so darn dry.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.