Recommendation for Child Psychologist

1,541 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by KidDoc
07AgTH
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First time and looking for any recommendations in BCS area.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Dr. Bradley Powell.

Speaking from personal experience on this one.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Best wishes to you OP on whatever issues you are trying to tackle. Kid stuff is stressful.
AggiePhil
AG
Dr. Robert Heffer!!
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
Roberta Sheffield

In regards to the suggestion of Dr. Powell, I'll say that our experience with him left a bit to be desired. My wife is also a psychologist in the area, and that probably had something to do with it. We expected a more in-depth discussion in regards to our child. That being said, I am thankful for his expertise in getting our son diagnosed.
KidDoc
AG
Every note I ever get from Dr Powell says ADHD.

I don't have any good local suggestions sadly. Recent article from Texas Medical Association says Texas has the worst mental health access in the nation.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MoreCushing4thePushing
AG
KidDoc said:

BluHorseShu
AG
07AgTH said:

First time and looking for any recommendations in BCS area.
From our experience, therapy for kids and teenagers is definitely wanting in this community. And for the ones that are here it can take a while to even get in. For some reason, lost of these professionals focus on adults/geriatric. Mental health support in general is in need of more professionals.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
KidDoc said:

I don't have any good local suggestions sadly. Recent article from Texas Medical Association says Texas has the worst mental health access in the nation.
To be fair - I do have ADHD and Dr. Powell was my therapist who helped me develop skills with handling it in lieu of medication.
KidDoc
AG
Red Pear Luke (BCS) said:

KidDoc said:

To be fair - I do have ADHD and Dr. Powell was my therapist who helped me develop skills with handling it in lieu of medication.
Yeah I think he is very adept with ADHD but I don't find him as adept with non ADHD treatments in children. Just my experience over the last 8 years or so.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.