What was the old name of George Bush Boulevard?

4,016 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by AggiePhil
Aggies76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone remember?
GSS
Jersey Street
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Aggies76
AG
Thanks! We were wracking our brains!
taxpreparer
AG
And the West end on the East side of Texas was Kyle St.
FearNoWeevil
AG
GSS said:

Jersey Street
One of the bovine streets of Southside...Aberdeen, Angus, Ayrshire, Suffolk, Dexter, Shetland, Hereford, Welsh, Highland, Guernsey...I think that's all of them.
maroon barchetta
FearNoWeevil said:

GSS said:

Jersey Street
One of the bovine streets of Southside...Aberdeen, Angus, Ayrshire, Suffolk, Dexter, Shetland, Hereford, Welsh, Highland, Guernsey...I think that's all of them.

This is solid trivia right here.

I had never considered Welsh as a cattle reference no matter how many times I have driven it.
BQ_90
AG
FearNoWeevil said:

GSS said:

Jersey Street
wow I never put all that together.
techno-ag
AG
Old Jersey still exists, running parallel to Bush a ways, across from the Alumni Center.
Hornbeck
I still call it Jersey, and people look at me like I'm crazy.
trouble
AG
That's not the only reason
AggiePhil
AG
FearNoWeevil said:

GSS said:

Jersey Street

Nice list! Don't forget Kerry though.

Other interesting street name clusters are "the bird streets" (off Longmire near Barron), "the Ivy League streets" (off Dartmouth near Southwest), "the cat streets" (off Glenhaven near Dominik), "the deer streets" (off Navarro near Wellborn), and many more. I could go on and on…
techno-ag
AG
AggiePhil said:

FearNoWeevil said:

GSS said:

Jersey Street

Other interesting street name clusters are "the bird streets" (off Longmire near Barron), "the Ivy League streets" (off Dartmouth near Southwest), "the cat streets" (off Glenhaven near Dominik), "the deer streets" (off Navarro near Wellborn), and many more. I could go on and on…
Don't forget the war heroes. Nimitz Street, MacArthur, Eisenhower..,
milner79
Late '70s. Campus golf course. On the teebox of the hole that parallels Jersey (can't remember the number). Tall hedge-like trees form a barricade of sorts between the fairway and the street. My buddy hooks one into the street and we watch it bounce on the pavement. Next thing we know, he flings his driver and it helicopters into the middle of Jersey.

Not saying it was a sporting reaction. But I grin about it every time I drive that section of GBD.
jeffk
AG
AggiePhil said:

FearNoWeevil said:

GSS said:

Jersey Street

All the Tolkien streets up in west Bryan too.
MiMi
S
techno-ag said:

AggiePhil said:

FearNoWeevil said:

GSS said:

Jersey Street

And the 'Grass' streets - Coastal, Dallis, Wildrye, Bermuda, Rescue, Bahia, Bluestem, etc

I've always liked the locations and character names in Edelweiss from the Sound of Music - Greta, Marta, Liesl, Catarina, Frederick, Von Trapp, Salzburg, Graz, Vienna, etc.
maroon barchetta
MiMi said:

techno-ag said:

AggiePhil said:

FearNoWeevil said:

GSS said:

Jersey Street

And the 'Grass' streets - Coastal, Dallis, Wildrye, Bermuda, Rescue, Bahia, Bluestem, etc

I've always liked the locations and character names in Edelweiss from the Sound of Music - Greta, Marta, Liesl, Catarina, Frederick, Von Trapp, Salzburg, Graz, Vienna, etc.

Rolf
BrownDeerAggie
AG
I grew up on Gunsmith Street in College Station (our house was the first one on the street and it was the south edge of town when it was built). There was an old gunsmith shop operating out of a home in the area owned by a man whose last name was Smith and went by the nickname of "Trigger." Gunsmith and Trigger Streets are the "gun streets" in College Station and named after the original resident there.
Psalm 42:1
Esteban du Plantier
AG
AggiePhil said:

FearNoWeevil said:

GSS said:

Jersey Street

Grass streets off Rock Prairie

Coastal
Bahia
Dallis
Wildrye
RangerTOM!
New Jersey
bushytailed
AG
There is also a collection of "name" names in Southwest Valley.
Jennifer
Adrienne
Normand
Pierre
Todd
Celinda
Haley
woodiewood1
So what was the old, old name for George Bush drive?
Smeghead4761
Esteban du Plantier said:

AggiePhil said:

FearNoWeevil said:

GSS said:

Jersey Street

Grass streets off Rock Prairie

Coastal
Bahia
Dallis
Wildrye
What, no Crab?
techno-ag
AG
woodiewood1 said:

So what was the old, old name for George Bush drive?
Jersey. Was it something else before that?
UglyScientist
bushytailed said:

Jennifer
Adrienne
Normand
Pierre
Todd
Celinda
Haley

The San streets around Welsh and 2818.
The Gone with the Wind streets off Dominik.
halibut sinclair
University Drive was once Texas Avenue
MiMi
S
There's also the seasons streets:

Spring Loop
Fall Circle
Autumn Circle
Summer Court
Winter Park
April Bloom
ComfortAg
AG
halibut sinclair said:

It was Texas Street, and before that Sulphur Spring, not to be confused with the one in Bryan.
halibut sinclair
ComfortAg said:

halibut sinclair said:

It was Texas Street, and before that Sulphur Spring, not to be confused with the one in Bryan.

Yes
AggiePhil
AG
bushytailed said:

Jennifer
Adrienne
Normand
Pierre
Todd
Celinda
Haley

Good one! Those were William Fitch's (the developer) family members. There's also Brothers, Sara, Austin, Henry, and Haley.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.