Eagle going to 3 times a week

11,581 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Love Gun
woodiewood1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CCMD said:

Cancelled subscription today. 20 year subscriber and probably held on 5 years too long. The lady I spoke to on the phone was one step from being just as irritating as the Optimum / Suddenlink people. She told me that I should write a letter to the editor of the the Eagle instead of cancelling my subscription ... The Eagle is dead to me.

They are dying slowly and I bet that the newspaper will go belly up by the end of the year. I can't imagine people being happy, in this age of instant internet news, with getting news a day late.

Barnes and Noble put a sign on their entry door, "We don't have newspapers."
MSTC Man
AG
I dropped my subscription today also. Even the online paper is terrible and the mail delivery is all messed up. Been a subscriber for 40 plus years.
Stupe
S
Clucky said:

Amazing how people celebrate the downfall of a local business that has been her for over 130 years. Sure, it's not owned locally any longer, but there are still people that work there that live in this community and cover it daily. I hate to see the new changes myself, but such are the times we are in.

Griping about the local newspaper is an American tradition - so have at it. But the first "new" issue came out today, and it had a lot of good local content.
Speaking the truth is not celebrating.
Love Gun
AggiePhil said:

Perhaps TexAgs should purchase The Eagle.

Control the message.

My kind of communism.
**** Joe Biden

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.