ISO kittens...

1,244 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by toolshed
studioone
How long do you want to ignore this user?

My kids are begging for a cat...

Was wondering if anyone has a new clowder of kittens they are looking for homes for...

Yes, I know they're at the shelter.... I'm looking for the free kind...

message me at darrin at avalonweddingsbcs dot com

TheOC16
AG
The sending an acquaintance down the storm drain with a ladder idea didn't work out?
new straw
Six kitten rescue!
75AG
AG
Go to Aggieland Humane Society. It will fully medically vetted and you'll get a certificate to get it neutered. Yeah, it won't be free, but it will be a good pet.
Texker
AG
Bryan Animal Center adoptions are $50 or $60 depending on age of kitten/cat. That fee includes spay/neuter, microchip, and FVRCP vax. That's virtually free.
ratfacemcdougal
bcsSpay.org

if someone hands you a bunch, you will still need vet visits for shots, inspections, and everything else...free is NOT free. Go to one of the organizations listed and you will get your kittens and you will be helping the organization with their future needs
Rex Racer
AG
Go hang out at the corner of Broadmoor and Kent at about 5:00pm-6:30pm. There's a whole pride of cats living there in the creek/underbrush that somebody feeds every evening. The cats hang out on the sidewalk until they are fed.
mtec
They also recently posted on Facebook that they are beyond max capacity currently. They are asking for fosters and people to adopt!
75AG
AG
Didn't go into the cat building yesterday, but the dog building is packed. Every inside kennel is full (some with two dogs), every stackable crate is full, and most of the outdoor kennels are full.

This is our first year to volunteer and maybe this is normal. But they do need adoptions and fosters.
bushytailed
AG
Bryan Animal Center dropped their cat adoption fee to $14 through tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=803138578019571&set=a.802414691425293
Charpie
AG
Don't be afraid to get an adult cat.

My Dougal was shy for the first week. Now he's freaking great. Best cat ever. He gets along with my dogs! He even likes car rides! Good luck.
toolshed
AG
We got a "free" dog that someone had tied to the tree across the road a few weeks ago. Long story short, it was chipped, guy dumped it and another somewhere else. Animal control said we could have it, kids were begging, wife approved.

A month later, I think we've spent close to $1,000 on this "free" dog. Between initial vet bill for shots, checkup, flea treatments at the house (he had them, feral cats, possums, coons, a fox, etc around, so we already had a few), kennel, harness, collar, leash, treats, dog food….

Free ain't free!! Although with a cat, I'd probably just turn loose outside and the feral cat colony would claim it. Let the crazy cat lady in the box car that drives around at night feed it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.