After School Programs for Intermediate School Aged Kids - Powersports anyone??

814 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by Jetty
bee_mechanic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy! I have a child who will be attending Oakwood Intermediate next year for 5th grade. We have been using Powersports After School program for years and really love it. Unfortunately, Oakwood is not currently a school they pick-up even though they do pick-up from Cypress Grove Intermediate and ILTexas K-8.

Powersports' owner has told me that if more parents from Oakwood are interested, he would consider adding it back to their list (apparently they have picked up from that school in the past). Post your interest here please!

I am unable to find any other after school programs that pick-up from school. Does anyone else know of one aside from Kid's Klub?

Ages 10-12 really seem to be a black hole of after school childcare and I don't think my kiddo is ready to stay at home by himself, I know I'm not ready for it....
A Net Full of Jello
AG
The Lincoln Center has after school care until 6:00 and they have transportation from Oakwood.
Quote:

AFTER-SCHOOL PROGRAM REGISTRATION BEGINS JULY 17
Guided by well-trained staff, kids ages 6-15 engage in games, sports, arts, and crafts and still have time for homework. Transportation is provided from South Knoll, College Hills, Rock Prairie, Southwood Valley, River Bend, Oakwood Intermediate, Cypress Grove Intermediate, A&M Consolidated Middle School, and International Leadership of Texas for those paying the appropriate semester fee and signing a waiver.

FALL SEMESTER Aug. 16-Dec. 15 Mon.-Fri. 3-6 p.m.
All Day Program Oct. 6 & 9 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Early Release Day Dec. 15 12:30-5:30 p.m.
Closed Sept. 4, Nov. 20-26, & Dec. 25-31

SEMESTER FEES
Resident $80
Non-Resident $95
Qualifying Households $48 Resident & $57 Non-Resident (must bring proof of eligibility)
Transportation $48
Late Pick-Up Fee First 15 minutes: $6 ($2 for each additional minute)
https://www.cstx.gov/departments___city_hall/parks/lincolncenter
Jetty
AG
We had a similar problem with 2 kids 3rd and 5th grade. We hired a college girl to drive them the few miles from school to home. She'd help them start their homework and do very light chores. Empty the dishwasher, fold a load of towels etc. we'd be home about an hour or so after they got home. Worked great for our family. Paid her a flat fee of $15 per day. (This was about 20 years ago). Good luck!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.