Swim lessons college station

3,497 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by AggiePhil
aggies4life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for swim lessons for a few kids.

Any recommendations for business or swim instructor who can come here to our pool?

Does the city of college station still offer swim lessons?
Another Doug
AG
They don't come to you, but we have been impressed with BCS Swim School

https://bcsswim.com/

City of CS still does swim lessons over the summer.
histag10
AG
I forget who it is, but if you search this forum, there was a thread last year with info from someone who goes to you.

There are a few that will come to you.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Another Doug said:

They don't come to you, but we have been impressed with BCS Swim School

https://bcsswim.com/

City of CS still does swim lessons over the summer.

My 2.5 year old is enrolled at BCS Swim for lessons right now. She loves it and we are quite happy with Mrs. DeAnn and the instructors they have there. Can't recommend it enough.
MeatDr
AG
https://www.rebeccasswimacademy.com/

Our first lessons are next week, but the reviews on her Facebook page are phenomenal.
Kellibn
The City of College Station has a variety of swim lessons available for ages 6 months to adults. Individualized instruction is available for those with special needs. Learn more and register: cstx.gov/pools
aggies4life
AG
Perfect! If I'm reading correctly - the ratio of student to teacher is = 4:1?
aggies4life
AG
Am I reading correctly…her cost are $350 a week per kid (5days - 30min sessions) = $70 per lesson per kid?
spike427
AG
That's a bargain compared to ISR classes (survival/self-rescue). $800-1000. Obviously you can't put a price on peace of mind. But that plus wait lists that can be months-year+ long...
EliteElectric
https://www.aqua-tots.com/

is opening soon in the Bryan Target Center
aggies4life
AG
Do you know if they have a date?
EliteElectric
Do not but should be soon.
Kellibn
The prices range depending on the level and residency -- $48-$63 per lesson. Complete information can be found on page 5 of the Swim Parent Handbook.
TAMUDDD
AG
Angela Cobos does private swim lessons in BCS and will come to your home/pool. She is wonderful, my son has loved his summer lessons with her. Her email is angcobos@gmail.com if you would like to reach out and inquire about lessons.
aggies4life
AG
Is that price per lesson or session? On the link it shows that price per session (8 lessons) unless I'm reading it wrong.

Also I didn't see the ratio of kids to swim instructor…

Thanks!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
aggies4life said:

Is that price per lesson or session? On the link it shows that price per session (8 lessons) unless I'm reading it wrong.

Also I didn't see the ratio of kids to swim instructor…

Thanks!
Ratio to my knowledge should be something like 4 kids to 1 instructor or thereabouts.
Stucco
We did the city lessons for years. They are inexpensive compared to other options, but we did not get the results we wanted. We are much happier at BCS swim.
MiMi
S
My children are 18-23 yrs old. So my experiences may be a bit dated. But they went through the College Station Aquatics swim lessons starting at around 4 yrs old. Two of them became WSI Aides at 12 and Red Cross certified WSI at 16; teaching during the summer seasons. It was a great way to earn $$ while in high school and college. The other child decided she didn't want to teach and joined the summer swim team (Tsunamis) for a few summers instead.

We didn't have a pool of our own and private lessons weren't widely available when they were young. But I was very happy with what my children experienced with CS Aquatics lessons.

Unfortunately, I know there has been significant leadership changes in CS Aquatics (RIP Vera) since my kids were younger, so I am glad there are other options now.
aggies4life
AG
Any other recommendations? Would love to find someone reasonable to come do it at our pool…not wanting to pay $400 a week per kid for 4-5 30mins lessons…
Tookieclothespin
AG
aggies4life said:

Any other recommendations? Would love to find someone reasonable to come do it at our pool…not wanting to pay $400 a week per kid for 4-5 30mins lessons…
I think the point of the $400 is that you're one and done.
FJB
aggies4life
AG
Anyone else with recommendations for someone who comes to ones pool?
histag10
AG
I just found one. I don't know if she would want me posting her number, but yall cam PM me, and I'll send her info.

Or email me- histag2010@gmail.com
AggiePhil
AG
Private lessons are the best. City lessons didn't work for us due to being every day (didn't work with our schedules) and due to the student:instructor ratio.
aggies4life
AG
You used someone here in down?? Do you have a recommendation?
AggiePhil
AG
aggies4life said:

You used someone here in down?? Do you have a recommendation?

We've used two or three different folks. None of them do it full time; it was usually former lifeguards, collegiate swimmers, or former swim teachers who decided to take on a few students for the summer. Word of mouth type thing.

Try asking around in your childcare circles to find out who other parents are using. These people usually don't have to advertise. Also, I'll ask if any of the ones we used are still doing it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.