BCAD Notices Mailed

19,455 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by The Anchor
tb9665
How long do you want to ignore this user?
WTAW reported that the notices were mailed out on Monday from BCAD and most properties went up 20%. I just looked and it is still not posted yet and my mail scan that I get from the Post Office shows nothing. anyone a notice yet? I am getting ready to protest if this is true.
MiMi
S
It's not in my Informed Delivery mail either. I believe that local mail still has to go to the North Houston sorting facility first, so it will likely be another day or two.
jello123
Burleson County mailed theirs out several weeks ago. Sad, sad, sad! Mine is up 123.58% since 2018!!!
HowdyAgs03
AG
I have Ownwell handle my protest request. Their fee is 25% of any property tax savings and nothing is owed if the protest is unsuccessful. I figured I don't have anything to lose and signing up was quick and easy.

If anyone decides to give them a shot use the following link and we'll both get a $20 credit:
https://www.ownwell.com/?owl=2EFAFZCAC
El_duderino
I thought mine was bad up 70% the last 2 years
555-PINF
Grimes County and we're up 358% since 2018. They damn near doubled the value when we bought the place in 2019 and have done the max 10% every year. We put in a small pool in 2021 and they added it in this year at a flat $50k. Checking around, it looks like they scanned aerials and just added $50k to anyone who put in a pool in the last year-ish.
Boro Ag 2000
AG
Brazos CAD values are online, now.
goatchze
AG
49% increase from last year.

Looks like I'll be protesting.
b0ridi
goatchze said:

49% increase from last year.

Looks like I'll be protesting.
Only up 23%. I guess I got off easy.
PWR85
AG
40% increase in appraised value and $1.1M overall increase. Indian Lakes. Literally no reason for that. House on either side of me at half the value.

Go search high end properties in miramont. Many are
Larger and nicer than mine at significantly lower appraised value. Guess you have to have the right last name or connection.
curry97
AG
Up 23%, almost 87k. SMDH
Mumbo Jimbo
PWR85 said:

40% increase in appraised value and $1.1M overall increase. Indian Lakes. Literally no reason for that. House on either side of me at half the value.

Go search high end properties in miramont. Many are
Larger and nicer than mine at significantly lower appraised value. Guess you have to have the right last name or connection.

but paying no city taxes
Mumbo Jimbo
Lawd, Pebble Creek up huge

MiMi
S
A 22% increase in Castlegate.

Just checked past years' appraised values and my house has increased 43% since 2020.
happyinBCS
in the last 10 years up 97% on my personal home in the last 10 years on commercial property I own down 3% yet the market value is up over 100% WHY do they only raise the values on residential and don't touch commercial
Mathguy64
AG
Texas Legislators talks about property tax relief.

Property tax districts raise valuations faster than a hypersonic rocket in response. All while elected officials say "we didn't do it".
JP76
In 2020 30-40 year old housing in BCS was bringing ~ $125 psf. Same house today is bringing ~$175 psf. Gotta love inflation. It seems that bcad has finally abandoned their previous strategy of underestimating properties by 10-20% and and are now pushing the envelop to put them right at actual market value. Something I don't recall seeing in the last 20 years.
Mumbo Jimbo
Landlords are going to be sick

rents going UP

Maybe living in Texas ain't "that" great afterall
PWR85
AG
If you are referring to my home, I get no city services either.

Red herring and irrelevant. Market value is market value. If a 14K sf home in Miramont is appraised $1M less than mine, that is not market. If my next door neighbor is 50% of my value and otherwise comparable (and saw 0% increase from 2022 to 2023), something doesn't add up.

Obviously I need a better rep to protest this.
spike427
AG
Up 52.5% since 2021. We closed in the fall of 2020. The HS cap adjustment is 6 figures. I'm only laughing because it's better than crying.
woodometer
AG
Dont forget that the County Judge plans on getting revenge and raising the rate as high as he can this year
mason12
AG
My house had a HS cap loss last year which brought down the assessed value. This year's appraisal is the same as last year.
bushytailed
AG
I got lucky with 16% but my mom's house went up over 31%. Luckily she has multiple exemptions.
tb9665
HS Cap Loss is just a numbers game if you look at previous years.
ukbb2003
Up $70k in Southwood Valley Area. Don't mind the value increase so much, although I will be protesting. However, the tax rate 100% needs to be adjusted down. The windfall that the county is about to get is insane and we all know they are such good stewards of our hard earned money.
trouble
AG
Only an 8% increase over here. Last year's was ridiculous though so this is kinda nice
deh40
AG
+38%
legalbird
Some folks think we don't pay enough taxes
TAMU1990
AG
My house has gone up 60% in two years
aneisch
AG
Man.. I thought last years 20% increase was bad. 25% more this year, HS cap loss into the six figures.
b0ridi
Someone check the Rafter D/mayor property.
busdriver88
AG
HowdyAgs03 said:

I have Ownwell handle my protest request. Their fee is 25% of any property tax savings and nothing is owed if the protest is unsuccessful. I figured I don't have anything to lose and signing up was quick and easy.

If anyone decides to give them a shot use the following link and we'll both get a $20 credit:
https://www.ownwell.com/?owl=2EFAFZCAC
Thanks. Just signed up. I use a similar service here in Lubbock for our properties up here, and have been pleased.

scd88
AG
Mine's showing NA for 2023.
JR Ewing
AG
Added a porch and pool in 2021. Home value went up from $355K to $438k last year (reasonable with addition of pool). This year, they added another $137K in value, so from $355K to $575k in two years. Unbelievable. The porch and pool didn't cost that much to build and you never get full value for what you put into a house for construction. Best way to protest? Thanks to homestead, taxable value is $464K this year, but it is going to go up for the next 3 years by 10%.
JR Ewing
AG
The one thing we can all do is sign up to protest and not accept their counter values. Schedule the crap out of some hearings and overwhelm the tax office with lines of pissed off people. News will cover that and politicians will notice...vote them all out if they can't do something to help the citizenry...
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.