Basketball open gym for old guys?

3 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TheOC16
C-2ag99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm 46 and want to find a place to hoop / get in shape. Anybody know of any time/place that old guys get together somewhere casually to hoop? Probably not a city league, and not with college students running circles around them.
FamousAgg
I believe the new Legends Event Center is open to the public. Not sure on that
jaypop
dstarr6442
AG
If there was an open invite to a weekly early morning game at an indoor gym, I'd be all in. The indoor gym qualifier makes it rough in this town though, it's either one of the recs on campus or Legends now that it's open maybe. Haven't heard of anyone having access to one of the local schools in the mornings.

I used to get to early morning practices in high school and the old farts would be finishing up their game that started at 5:30 am. Now I want to be one of those old farts…
ChampsAg
Legends is awesome and I think it's reasonable

Central used to have games around noon. Not sure what day
C-2ag99
AG
Is Legends $5 per visit? Never been there. Is there a time when old farts play there? Or just random?
lawless89
We play Wednesdays at noon sharp at Central. Usually have 10-12 guys pretty consistently. Some young, some old(oldest is mid 50s but a runner), but all in halfway decent shape and we run for an hour straight. End right at 1pm.

We need to add a couple more names to the list, so if you're interested, shoot me a PM.
Koko Chingo
AG
C-2ag99 said:

Is Legends $5 per visit? Never been there. Is there a time when old farts play there? Or just random?

My kids (teens) and their friends go. They say it's a $5 day pass, so they play for a while drive somewhere to eat lunch and come back.

There are certain times blocked off, check out their website.
sirhc
AG
I might be down but don't have dm…
lawless89
Shoot me a text

97 9 five seven 4 - 23zero3
FracAg10
AG
I'd like to get in a consistent old man's game in the morning or evening.

Was pretty good about going to the rec pre-Covid, can't get back into the routine since then.
TheOC16
AG
dstarr6442 said:

If there was an open invite to a weekly early morning game at an indoor gym, I'd be all in. The indoor gym qualifier makes it rough in this town though, it's either one of the recs on campus or Legends now that it's open maybe. Haven't heard of anyone having access to one of the local schools in the mornings.

I used to get to early morning practices in high school and the old farts would be finishing up their game that started at 5:30 am. Now I want to be one of those old farts…
The school I used to coach at (in town) used to allow this. Though I believe they were opening it to a group of guys who were pretty big boosters (high school "big") to the athletic department.

I'm looking for a consistent group to play with as well. I've been thinking about making the same post as OP recently. I'm fine playing outdoor (of course indoor is obviously preferred). I prefer mornings or evenings. If anybody's looking for a player, let me know.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.