Local Painters?

2,199 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by cypress-ag
CalvinG10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for recommendations for local painters who are reasonably priced. This would be for a rental property in between tenants.
chickencoupe16
AG
Herb with Guaranteed Painting: (979) 776-9109
Jetty
AG
Plus 1 for Herb at Guaranteed Painting.
djmeen95
AG
Herb still recommended by folks here?

Just got two quotes for painting walls and trim on a 1500 sq foot condo in College Station and I am floored. They're charging what we got charged to paint a place over twice that size here in Houston.

So trying to see if it's just where things are now and decide if we just bite the bullet or do it ourselves over time.
Belton Ag
AG
djmeen95 said:

Herb still recommended by folks here?

Just got two quotes for painting walls and trim on a 1500 sq foot condo in College Station and I am floored. They're charging what we got charged to paint a place over twice that size here in Houston.

So trying to see if it's just where things are now and decide if we just bite the bullet or do it ourselves over time.
If you don't mind sharing what you were quoted per square foot, I might be able to tell you how far out of line it was.
m3prsive
If you haven't priced paint lately your gonna be in for a shock.
djmeen95
AG
$4/sq ft roughly. Again - maybe the market is just there and it is what it is hence the checking around a bit more.
Belton Ag
AG
djmeen95 said:

$4/sq ft roughly. Again - maybe the market is just there and it is what it is hence the checking around a bit more.
$4 isn't out of line here, depending on the amount of prep needed for your job, if you chose an eggshell finish, etc. Plus the cost of paint these days is ridiculous.

If you felt comfortable with the painter that quoted you (beside the price), you might as well hire them.

I'm paying about $3.25 for new construction right now for interiors.
djmeen95
AG
That helps to hear - again, when you haven't had work done in an area before and in awhile it takes a bit to get a feel for pricing. Agree on finding someone we feel comfortable with. Thanks!
JP76
Lot of variables here

Is the condo empty or full of furniture and pictures on the walls ?

Can it be sprayed or does it all have to be hand painted ?

What quality of paint are they are using ?
djmeen95
AG
Lot of variables here

Is the condo empty or full of furniture and pictures on the walls ?

Empty

Can it be sprayed or does it all have to be hand painted ?

Some of it spray some hand painted?

What quality of paint are they are using ?
The best. Or maybe the not worst.

Seriously though - I get it. Price vary widely. It's a pretty typical paint the walls kind of job on a condo.
iisanaggie
AG
Give Petty-Faldyn Property Repair LLC a call. A lot of their jobs are make-ready. 979-877-9870 Matt Faldyn
BMo
TC Flack, 979-777-0708
2007fightintexasaggie
AG
Has anyone used Guaranteed Painting recently? Just learned that previous owner is retiring and a company out of AZ has bought them out. They were quick/courteous on the estimation process but just curious if anyone has recent feedback on their results?
JP76
I recently heard the same thing. No idea if the same painters are staying with the new company or not.
cypress-ag
AG
So CertaPro is a no go?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.