Plane update

148,822 Views | 1154 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by maroon barchetta
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Skip to 30 min mark.

BBC called the pilot and asked him to get the plane off their property ASAP.

Dan Gryder was sent a cease and desist letter by the Mayor.

Dan is coming to BCS next week to speak with media.

EDIT: in case the Youtube video gets taken down, here is the letter from the video:

EDIT 2: "new" video replaces the one that was taken down last week with the original interview, as well as some follow up.

trouble
AG
I wonder if that's what Rusty was asking about when he got told he knows too much.
TexasAggie_02
AG
when was that?
doubledog
What shall we call this story

how about Cattlefrightgate...
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

Dan is coming to BCS next week to speak with media

BBC:

trouble
AG
Over the weekend, I think. Let me go see if I can find it.
trouble
AG

cslifer
In that video there is a screenshot of the letter from the mayor's attorney, in that letter it confirms that the mayor is actually leasing that land. How on earth can the city/BBC think this is a good idea at all?
Tailgate88
AG
Link to original thread, now locked:

https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3366060
JMac03
AG
I didn't realize how long that plane has been out there. Is sitting out in the weather for that long good for the plane??
GSS
The neighbors in the area of the plane / cattle know all too well of the longhorns, as they have repeatedly broken through fences, wandering through adjacent property (Piper Lane and Drummer Circle area), including onto Jones road, and onto open property next to FM60.

Twice I have witness Brazos County SO being needed, to keep the cattle from FM60. This negligence on the part of the owner is apparently negated by the cattle owner, due to the claim Brazos county is a "fence out" county, meaning it's the adjacent landowners responsibility to keep his cattle out of their property .....but that BS (no pun intended) is being a lousy neighbor, and does not compute, when they breakout onto public land/roads.
SMR
Wow. Just wow. Unbelievably bad bull. The allegations by Dan Gryder are quite serious, and all signs point to it being true. The actions of Bryan's Mayor and any city associates involved should be investigated by the Texas Rangers. What other financially motivated corruption is occurring at the top?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Is this the new mayor or the one that just left office?
JMac03
AG
Current one.
Rex Racer
AG
Wow. Some shady stuff is going on. Not surprised.
birdman
GSS said:

The neighbors in the area of the plane / cattle know all too well of the longhorns, as they have repeatedly broken through fences, wandering through adjacent property (Piper Lane and Drummer Circle area), including onto Jones road, and onto open property next to FM60.

Twice I have witness Brazos County SO being needed, to keep the cattle from FM60. This negligence on the part of the owner is apparently negated by the cattle owner, due to the claim Brazos county is a "fence out" county, meaning it's the adjacent landowners responsibility to keep his cattle out of their property .....but that BS (no pun intended) is being a lousy neighbor, and does not compute, when they breakout onto public land/roads.
Landowners are making things difficult on themselves. Those cattle are estray.

There is no "fence out county" when it comes to public roads. If cattle are on public roads, it's the owner's fault.

You call the sheriff when neighbor's cattle on your property. Sheriff can call the owner who doesn't take care of his animals. If they don't pick them up in few days, they are sold at auction. If they do pick them up, they have to pay for upkeep to county and damage to neighbor. Odds are, his calves aren't branded. That means they are being sold at auction.

After a few cattle get sold and county pockets the money, the neighbor might start taking care of his business. But it's going to cost him about $50 to $200 every time he picks up his wandering cattle from county.

I imagine this county is suburban enough that it doesn't deal with estrays often. In rural counties, the sheriff typically says, "just haul them to the sale barn and show us the receipt".
Charpie
AG
This feels like something that would happen in the Valley. HA!
SMR
Charpie said:

It's hard to think that this sort of behavior isn't actually their norm, they just happened to get caught this time.
Charpie
AG
rdavies said:

Charpie said:

It's hard to think that this sort of behavior isn't actually their norm, they just happened to get caught this time.
9 times out of 10, it is the norm.
boredatwork08
AG
Outstanding! This is a win for aviation. It's also a win for free speech. The story continued despite the censorship on this board.

Let's keep pressing our public officials for the full truth!
BCSWguru
does anyone know what is actually happening?
GSS
It would be beneficial info, to know how many calls to Brazos County SO have been in regards to this particular herd...and the manpower needed in response.
AggiePhil
AG
Looks like Gryder took his first video down.
Charpie
AG
If the plane took off from ABIA, I wonder if the owner is from Austin? If so, the media there might pick and run with the story.
Broncos
The original video indicated the owner was from Louisiana.
Charpie
AG
thanks
HoopsAg
Wow! Doesn't surprise me with this guy…
maroon barchetta
birdman said:

GSS said:

I imagine this county is suburban enough that it doesn't deal with estrays often. In rural counties, the sheriff typically says, "just haul them to the sale barn and show us the receipt".

Listen to the police scanner on a regular basis and you will hear call for loose cattle and horses more often than you would expect.
FamousAgg
Everyone hold on. I'm getting my popcorn
Koko Chingo
AG
The Bryan Business Council (BBC) is a non-profit, created by the City of Bryan. (I believe this is a correct statement)

Here is where I am a little confused.

Because the BBC is a non-profit, it is not subject to the same type of open records and transparency rules a city in Texas must follow --- even though it was created by the city.

Am I understanding this correctly? What is really troubling; is that the more light that gets shines on the issue the worse it looks.

Along with the terms of the lease - I would like to find out if and when the the lease for the cattle was last paid to the BBC and for how much. I have a strong suspicion that the lease for the land has not been paid (as of last week) and may possibly only get paid before the YouTube guy fly's out here.

How do we get that information?
Another Doug
AG
AggiePhil said:

Looks like Gryder took his first video down.
Probably was flagged and youtube's algoritm took it down.
Another Doug
AG
More bovine intrigue... the guy working the field when the plane landed was named Zachary Huff

A man claiming to be Zach Huff was then arrested for stealing cows a few weeks later

https://navasotanews.com/college-station-man-arrested-for-stealing-8-head-of-cattle-near-navasota-and-trying-to-sell-them/

maroon barchetta
Tailgate88
AG
LSCSN said:

does anyone know what is actually happening?
Watch the video in the OP starting at the 30:00 mark. The YouTube guy says he is coming back to town soon to be interviewed by "a couple of news stations".

So yeah, stock up on the popcorn.
Another Doug
AG
Another Doug said:

More bovine intrigue... the guy working the field when the plane landed was named Zachary Huff

A man claiming to be Zach Huff was then arrested for stealing cows a few weeks later

https://navasotanews.com/college-station-man-arrested-for-stealing-8-head-of-cattle-near-navasota-and-trying-to-sell-them/

And the real Zach Huff died 6 years ago.

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/theeagle/name/zachary-huff-obituary?id=14327537

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.