Brazos Transit District's $25million Trolley

4,249 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by woodiewood1
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
George Costanza said:

I wonder what the maintenance and operation budget would be on the facility and who will pay for that?
To borrow a phrase from Nancy Pelosi, you have to build it first before you can find out who operates it.
goatchze
AG
Rapier108 said:

From 1910 to 1923, there was a trolly which ran from Bryan (now what we call downtown Bryan) and campus.

This doesn't mean we need one again, but its an idea that just won't die. I remember hearing proposals about it since I was a kid.
Yep, you can see it right here:

https://texashistory.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth19742/m1/1/?q=brazos%20county

Bryan and College Station Interurban Railroad. Paralleled east of Old/South College
BluHorseShu
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

George Costanza said:

I wonder what the maintenance and operation budget would be on the facility and who will pay for that?
To borrow a phrase from Nancy Pelosi, you have to build it first before you can find out who operates it.
That's not just Pelosi...that, historically, is the federal government.
woodiewood1
GSS said:

The number of empty (other than the driver) BTD buses is incredible, any time of the day, all over B-CS. But the bureaucracy, and zero need for tax $$ accountability, will keep the boondoggle in operation, including the expansion now mentioned.
You can thank the "Covid relief $$$" for the latest dysfunctional plan....
I roughly calculated a few years ago from their annually report that for every unique driver that uses the BTD buses, you could give each rider the cost of 20 average Uber trips a month and still save a load of money.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.