Saints & Sinners Cafe

4,564 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TulaneAg
The Good Aggieboy19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I stopped by today. Chicken & Donuts were so good- staff was really attentive and efficient... very friendly too. Drink selection is also great. This will probably be my new place to stop for a few drinks and a meal before Aggie baseball on Saturdays. Definitely recommend!

And no, I am not tied to this place in any way. Just pushing a local restaurant I tried because it is great
gig'em
Txmoe
AG
Does that come with a side of Lipitor? (jk, it looks really good to a guy who skipped lunch.)
lethalninja
Is that bacon next to the chicken?
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Yes
gig'em
El_duderino
ZachTheGoodAg
AG
I tried this place for lunch today and had the Vito Burger. It was VERY good. The bun reminded me of the ones that Harvey Washbangers uses. It will go on my lunch rotation now. Definitively worth a try. The person with me had the Uncle Buck brisket sandwich with Mac and cheese on it and gave it a thumbs up, too.

ZTGA
Hornbeck
They lost this old Ag when they said they'd serve CBD or Delta-9 infused food and drinks. It may be legal, but just not my kind of place.
CDub06
AG
Interesting. I wasn't familiar with this place, but it seems like a cool spot. Just checked out their menu and website.

It also reminded me of a place in Espanola, NM that has a killer sign.

Hornbeck said:

They lost this old Ag when they said they'd serve CBD or Delta-9 infused food and drinks. It may be legal, but just not my kind of place.

I'm confused as to why you would completely write a place off simply because they sell CBD infusions with their cocktails?
Chrundle the Great
AG
Is this the place where the axe house restaurant was? Is it still related to the axe house?
Buford T. Justice
AG
More for me compadre.
EagleLM
Had dinner there last night (Thursday) at 6. Only 4 tables occupied. Was wonderfully happy with the Uncle Buck (Macaroni and cheese on brisket on a tasty bun). Really good fries. Wife had Dwight Yokum and enjoyed it. Very reasonable prices. Total for the two meals-$21 (no drinks). Great experience. Will go back to try other items on the menu...if I can stop myself from ordering the Uncle Buck again! Treat yourself!
phillytex24
Horribly & epically bad location. Money has moved down Wellborn Road past Holleman. Location is EVERYTHING. Also, I think Cindie's is keeping people from going to that shopping center because it should be a great location. Believe it or not, a notorious place like Cindie's can actually distract folks from going to that shopping center. I leaned this in psychology class.
woodiewood1
phillytex24 said:

Horribly & epically bad location. Money has moved down Wellborn Road past Holleman. Location is EVERYTHING. Also, I think Cindie's is keeping people from going to that shopping center because it should be a great location. Believe it or not, a notorious place like Cindie's can actually distract folks from going to that shopping center. I leaned this in psychology class.
Is the Chubby's still open there?

I agree. If I was putting in a restaurant, I would either be as close to campus as I could get. on Univ near all the hotels, or down to Tower Point.
trouble
AG
Yes, they are still open.
halibut sinclair
There's nothing wrong with that shopping center. Not everyone lives in North Navasota. NoNav?
dubi
AG
Quote:

a notorious place like Cindie's can actually distract folks from going to that shopping center. I leaned this in psychology class.
I don't even know what Cindie's is so it does not prevent me from going to Chubby's for a burger.
trouble
AG
They sell the kinda stuff that gets sent in our secret Santa
johnnyblaze36
AG
Hornbeck said:

You definitely sound like a saint. Just looked at the menu and the CDB infused drinks don't even contain alcohol which is kind of disappointing.

Never heard of this place and it's not far from where I live and I've likely passed by it a lot. Not sure how I could have missed that sign. Food looks good on the website. Look forward to checking out.

Quote:

But we are also into staying healthy and enjoying life responsibly - for the most part, we have stories though. Seeking balance in mind, body and spirit, we loaded half the menu with things that are delicious and actually good for you - the Yin to the culinary Yang.

A million things happened from that night in Vegas until now, but here we are, seizing the day and all life has to offer - as one should!

So what is Saints & Sinners Cafe? How do you describe the awesomeness you just discovered to friends? We like to think of it as an eclectic mix of Texas bravado and Mardi Gras energy wrapped in a vintage vibe and stuffed into a voodoo coffee shop run by gypsies. If that doesn't at least pique their interest, you should find better friends.
TulaneAg
Tried it tonight based off this thread and it was pretty darn good. I had chicken and donuts and wife had the tx burger.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.