Adult Bar Recommendations

10,370 Views | 54 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Hornbeck
HKAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm sure this has been asked before, but couldn't find anything in the search. My wife and I are in BCS for the weekend looking at properties. What are some suggestions for an adult bar / lounge with less college kids? I have no desire to relive my Northgate days this weekend. Looking for something suitable for folks in their 40's/50's who still like to have some fun.

Also - we're hitting The Republic tonight for dinner. Any similar recommendations for Saturday night?

trouble
AG
5 Knocks is a great bar but they allow smoking so if you aren't into that....

Try Ronin for dinner Saturday.

Honestly, we usually just sit in the bar at the Republic, Ronin, or Primrose Path if we want to go out for drinks.
MyNameIsJeff
AG
Angry Elephant is a good choice on the south side of town.
HKAg
AG
Thanks much. I should have also said, we're at a VRBO in Bryan. (Although obviously we don't mind driving to CS.). Has downtown Bryan been revitalized at all?
MiMi
S
The restaurant and bar at the Stella Hotel is an option.
EclipseAg
AG
I like the 1791 Whiskey Bar at the George.
duffelpud
AG
MiMi said:

They usually have free valet at the main entrance (lake side). When you walk in ask the front desk to point the way to Hershel's.
"What's this button do?"
halibut sinclair
halibut sinclair
Crown Bar at the Queen Theater downtown.
Vino Boheme
Downtown Elixir
Murphys Law
Billy's Grille and Bar

Angry Elephant also has a Bryan location.

Tilted Pint

Carney's - if you go earlier

Yes, downtown is awesome now.
maroon barchetta
duffelpud said:

MiMi said:

They usually have free valet at the main entrance (lake side). When you walk in ask the front desk to point the way to Hershel's.

Hershel's will have live music pretty often as well.
FlyRod
Republic.
Downtown Elixir.
Herschel's.
The bar at The George is nice (though removing the bar stools was uncool)
Bucketrunner
Downtown Elixir sounds like what you're looking for
BCStalk
Tilted Pint and Angry Elephant are where we typically go.
classicdoug
AG
We like Murphys Law.
classicdoug
AG
Or the LaSalle hotel.
australopithecus robustus
Downtown is kinda sleepy. I would bounce between republic bar and 1860 bar.
techno-ag
AG
Go to Navasota.
maddiedou
AG
Cowboy
Builder93
AG
HKAg said:

Thanks much. I should have also said, we're at a VRBO in Bryan. (Although obviously we don't mind driving to CS.). Has downtown Bryan been revitalized at all?
Downtown Bryan is much better than you remember. There are plenty of places to eat and lounge. Just try one. If you don't like it, walk to another one. Start around the LaSalle.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
trouble said:

5 Knocks is a great bar but they allow smoking so if you aren't into that....

I recently talked to some folks that work there and was told the smoking ended with the new ownership. Is this true or false?

Uncorked should be listed.
trouble
AG
I don't know. I quit going because I can't tolerate the smell.
phillytex24
FlyRod said:

Republic.
Downtown Elixir.
Herschel's.
The bar at The George is nice (though removing the bar stools was uncool)

All of these with Angry Elephant as well. I used to Uber drive and these were the popular places for the post-college crowd.. Yesterdays is also popular.
textar4404
trouble said:

I don't know. I quit going because I can't tolerate the smell.

5 knocks was nonsmoking last time we went.

Crown Bar is small, quiet, and our favorite.
AG81
AG
If you go to Angry Elephant be aware that if you pay with a credit card they add 3% to your bill without telling you. Very deceitful. I won't go back.
Hornbeck
AG81 said:

If you go to Angry Elephant be aware that if you pay with a credit card they add 3% to your bill without telling you. Very deceitful. I won't go back.

I just subtract that 3% from the tip I'm leaving. I figure that if enough folks do that, they'll get the message.
bushytailed
AG
Drinks at Uncorked in south College Station, then dinner next door at Marfa Texas Kitchen.

Downtown Elixir is also good for food and drinks, then you can head downstairs to 5 Knocks.
EliteElectric
HKAg said:

I'm sure this has been asked before, but couldn't find anything in the search. My wife and I are in BCS for the weekend looking at properties. What are some suggestions for an adult bar / lounge with less college kids? I have no desire to relive my Northgate days this weekend. Looking for something suitable for folks in their 40's/50's who still like to have some fun.

Also - we're hitting The Republic tonight for dinner. Any similar recommendations for Saturday night?

So where did you end up going?
Buford T. Justice
AG
Very interesting business decision to not incur the credit card processing fee, and to place it upon the customer that elected to pay with a card. I think everything would be fine if they were just upfront about it. Or perhaps split the fee with the customer.

Or they could do like Joe T. Garcias in Fort Worth and be cash only, but have an aTm machine in the corner with a huge fee.
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
Saints & Sinners in Bryan
gig'em
AG81
AG
Hornbeck said:

AG81 said:

I just subtract that 3% from the tip I'm leaving. I figure that if enough folks do that, they'll get the message.

Yeah, but I don't want to punish the wait staff for the asinine actions of ownership.
DimeBox17
AG
I'm in BCS about once or twice a month and typically go to Angry Elephant in Bryan when I'm there. Good set up to watch a game and the wings are excellent. I don't drink anything other than beer when I'm there so I can't comment on the quality of the drinks they make but the draft beer is always cold. Servers can be hit or miss but they are friendly and are quick. It can get loud in there after ~9pm because they crank up the music. Never had a bad experience there though. I hate to say it but I've never noticed the 3% fee tacked on.

Tilted Pint next door is a much quieter place and does have a nice bar area. Not very big so if there is a crowd, you won't find a seat open. Haven't been in a while so can't comment on the service. The food has never been great but it's OK. Beer is cold and they always have some good seasonal draft beer options and they come in a 20oz glass.

Murphy's Law is a fun little place when they have someone playing there. Not too loud and it's pretty open so you're never right on top of someone's table. The times I've been, it's been order at the bar and there weren't any servers.

I'm poor so I haven't checked out the upscale bars in town but that's my two cents on the few that I've been to in Bryan.
kevmiller
AG81 said:

Have never been a huge fan of that place.
FlyRod
Having finally tried it, I'll add The Station on 29th. Well selected adult beverages, and fun staff and owner.
phillytex24
AG81 said:

Wow! I didn't know that! I only picked up and dropped off lots of folks there through the years for rideshare. It seemed popular, but i'll never go there, myself, after hearing about the secret 3% fee. Ugh.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I used to love Angry Elephants wings but I think they have changed suppliers maybe? They have become tiny the last 2 times I went.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.