Furniture donation

1,516 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by iisanaggie
RMC91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have some stuff that is in pretty good shape but we don't need anymore. Is that used furniture place on 2818 by the post office worth trying? If I don't sell it I may donate it. What are the best options in town besides Goodwill? Thanks.

trouble
AG
Twin city mission is where I usually donate stuff.
gus1390
AG
Habitat for humanity accepts donated furniture as well.
Roland Schitt
AG
I usually donate mine to the curb outside and it's normally gone within a couple hours
UmustBKidding
St Vincent de Paul thrift store next to longhorn tavern in Bryan. They accept donations during limited hours.
https://www.stvincentdepaulthriftstore.com/
Twin city mission, habitat restore, and hospice mart are other options. My thought is anywhere is better than Goodwill.
RMC91
AG
Thanks everyone
meinkee
St. Vinnie's only takes small pieces of furniture. They don't have floor space for large
BMo
Twin City Misson is our go-to place to donate.
nought
AG
I understand the desire to donate elsewhere than Goodwill. However, I have tried more than once to donate high-quality clothes and other goods to Twin City Mission.

Every time, I have had to hunt someone down. Then they have had to ask someone else if what I was donating is ok. Then it took forever to get a receipt.

At Goodwill, I'm in and out in 3 minutes with a receipt. If Twin Cities doesn't want my stuff enough to get me out the door in less than 25 minutes, I have to assume they really don't want my stuff.

(And by "stuff", I mean a combination of gently-used tools, a mixture of used-but-freshly-washed and brand new clothes, and furniture nicer than most college kids have these days.)
Brennan22
Yeah, I used to work at quality used furniture, he pays pretty decent for used furniture, if your wanting to sell it. Guy's name is Cole. Just pull up to the front and they will unload it for you. If you have a lot of stuff your wanting to sell/high dollar stuff, they will come pick it up.
iisanaggie
AG
nought said:

I understand the desire to donate elsewhere than Goodwill. However, I have tried more than once to donate high-quality clothes and other goods to Twin City Mission.

Every time, I have had to hunt someone down. Then they have had to ask someone else if what I was donating is ok. Then it took forever to get a receipt.

At Goodwill, I'm in and out in 3 minutes with a receipt. If Twin Cities doesn't want my stuff enough to get me out the door in less than 25 minutes, I have to assume they really don't want my stuff.

(And by "stuff", I mean a combination of gently-used tools, a mixture of used-but-freshly-washed and brand new clothes, and furniture nicer than most college kids have these days.)

I agree that they need to rethink some things. The few times I have been, the store has extremely cramped and disorganized. For clothes, they won't let you try things on, and they don't take returns. I keep forgetting about the used furniture store on 2818 so I will try to remember them next time.
RNAggie
AG
if anyone has furniture or household items to donate, the A&M church of Christ does a furniture giveaway for international students and are always looking for donations.

techno-ag
AG
Church garage sales are coming soon. Might give the bigger churches a call and see if they're in collection mode yet.

Also there's Nextdoor and Facebook Marketplace plus the Classifieds Board here.
studioone
iisanaggie said:

nought said:

I agree that they need to rethink some things. The few times I have been, the store has extremely cramped and disorganized. For clothes, they won't let you try things on, and they don't take returns. I keep forgetting about the used furniture store on 2818 so I will try to remember them next time.
you do realize that TC has a donation place thats PHYSICALLY attached to Quality Furniture.... (the used furniture store on 2818...)

Its 5000 square feet and not cramped..
MsDoubleD81
AG
I have used Quality Used Furniture. Pay decent for items and they'll come pick up. Easier than donating or selling online and a few dollars in your pocket.
iisanaggie
AG
I went to the one in Bryan.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.