Law Enforcement Vehicle?

2,144 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by MB19
woodometer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This morning at the intersection of 29th and Carter Creek in Bryan a service vehicle was parked with a guy in a bucket working on the new signal light. Parked behind him was what appeared to be an old DPS Crown Vic painted black and white but with no identifying markings what so ever. It did have the full package of blue and red lights. Does anyone have any idea what agency this iis? I'm just curious because it looked very odd. I called Bryan PD and they said it wasnt theirs.
maroon barchetta
New and creative way to steal copper wire? Maybe they just appeared to be working on the signal.
woodometer
AG
What scam are they working did cross my mind
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Have seen them on 2818 a lot since the construction started. I think they are intended for traffic control only, but I've seen them drive pretty recklessly and not follow normal traffic customs in a construction zone.
AggiePhil
AG
Traffic control may be performed by any current law enforcement officer, regardless of agency. Many times these jobs are bid out to various staffing companies, for lack of a better term. The officers who sign up may or may not be local and may or may not be in departmental vehicles.
BQ_90
AG
I've seen it, my guess they bought it at auction, cop times cop motor, think Blues Brothers
scd88
AG
BQ_90 said:

I've seen it, my guess they bought it at auction, cop times cop motor, think Blues Brothers

Smeghead4761
I think the only local agency that still has any Crown Vics is Precinct 3 Constable, and they only have one. At least, it was sitting in their lot the last time I drove by, but that was a while ago.

Their vehicles are all white, with I think silver and maroon lettering.
RunSilentRunDeep
If you've ever driven to Houston through all the construction, you see many different types of vehicles equipped with red and blue emergency lights. Some agencies do not allow nor have enough department vehicles for an officer to use on these off-duty extra
Jobs. So many equip their personal vehicle with emergency lighting for safety on the road jobs. Some of those purchase old patrol cars for this purpose if they work a lot of road jobs.
The Brazos Kid
BQ_90 said:

Yeah, up in Mount Prospect.
MB19
AG
The Brazos Kid said:

BQ_90 said:

Yeah, up in Mount Prospect.

Fix the cigarette lighter
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.