When Has it Rained Like This?

2,666 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by EBrazosAg
Buford T. Justice
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This seems like an all-time series of rainy days, heavily consistent at that. When can you remember it raining like this? Aside from Hurricane Harvey.
trouble
AG
January of '01 (I think).

It was the semester I went back to school and it rained hard damn near every day for weeks. It was wet and sloppy everywhere and I was seriously wishing I was sitting at a desk instead of walking to class.
techno-ag
AG
Still in a drought.
toolshed
AG
trouble said:

It was the semester I went back to school and it rained hard damn near every day for weeks. It was wet and sloppy everywhere and I was seriously wishing I was sitting at a desk instead of walking to class.

I think I remember this. Had several classes with wet feet! I guess I didn't have rain boots. I wondered if the sun would ever come out again!

It's been a while, but we've had events like this a few times. Hopefully we don't go from feast to famine this year!
rsa
AG
May/June of '87. Went for a period of around 3 to 4 weeks that it rained too much to be able to cut the grass without sinking into the ground. There've been other times since then, but this one sticks out.
trouble
AG
It was miserable. I was ready to quit and go back to answering phones.
AG81
AG
Buford T. Justice said:

This seems like an all-time series of rainy days, heavily consistent at that. When can you remember it raining like this? Aside from Hurricane Harvey.

November 1999.
maroon barchetta
Last three weeks of classes/finals in Fall of 1986 it rained every day. Light rain or sprinkles sometimes but rain nonetheless. I lived off campus and rode my bike so I'm sure of it.

It was not fun.
Stupe
S
toolshed said:

trouble said:

I think I remember this. Had several classes with wet feet! I guess I didn't have rain boots. I wondered if the sun would ever come out again!

It's been a while, but we've had events like this a few times. Hopefully we don't go from feast to famine this year!
January '01 sound right.

Went to the Snow Bowl in Shreveport in December and then it was cold and rainy most of January.

People couldn't find gloves, beanies, hoodies, or rain boots ANYWHERE in town.

It seems like I was in cammo hunting boots more than regular boots that month.
The Anchor
AG
Spring 2021 was wet. We had a lot of baseball games cancelled or postponed.
cypress-ag
AG
techno-ag said:

Still in a drought.
Burn ban still in place!
techno-ag
AG
Fall 93 I think it was when a storm system parked over us for what seemed like a month. Pastures turned into lakes.
LJF78
Honestly, we have gotten weather like this in late January/ early February every year for about 4-5 years now.

Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
The Anchor said:

Spring 2021 was wet. We had a lot of baseball games cancelled or postponed.

This. Spring of 2021 was very very very rainy. Way more rain than these last few days. I think there was a 3 month stretch where we didn't go more than 3 days without rain.
scd88
AG
I didn't turn my sprinklers on in 2021 until mid June. It was a wet spring.
Robert L. Peters
I remember playing pickup football on some flooded campus fields. Huge mounds of only fire ants floating along just waiting for someone to be tackled. I always wondered about the poor ants on the bottom.
Brazos1865
AG
It doesn't seem out of the ordinary for January-February in my 56 years of experience in Brazos County…Winters can be very wet and the sun scarce. Or…very dry and the sun plentiful, or some of both.
jello123
Although we've had decent rains here in and around Burleson county... as of this morning 2/3/2023, Somerville Lake is only 74.1% full. https://waterdatafortexas.org/reservoirs/individual/somerville
Brazos1865
AG
Yes, and Limestone is still 4.8' low. Both have come up some, but very little. Hopefully, they continue to rise.
El_duderino
Ended up with 3" of rain. Most of that was Wednesday and Thursday.
trackaggie76
AG
Lake Jacksonville is finally full!
Tim Weaver
I've noticed a lot of stock tanks are still mostly empty. I'm guesssing they've been empty so long they no longer hold water.

Seems a shame to not capture some of this bounty for the coming summer.
scd88
AG
Navasota river looked full just a little while ago when I drove over it.
studioone
Pretty much every January to march..?

still in a drought though...
EBrazosAg
AG
This is a great fall winter rain event x multiple. But we at still in a multi rain yr drought.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.