Ophthalmologist Recommendation BCS

1,554 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by etj77845
Bonfire97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am hoping someone can provide a recommendation for an Ophthalmologist in the BCS area. Thanks in advance!
ratfacemcdougal
Dr Shanmugam. mybcseye
UmustBKidding
Bill marr
Aggie@state.gov
AG
tx regional eye center. any of them.
Bonfire97
AG
Thanks everyone.
happyinBCS
Dr Mark Lindsay
UmustBKidding
Texas Regional Eye, NONE OF THEM
UmustBKidding
Is he still practicing? I know he quit doing surgery many years ago. He is the one that sent me to Marr for mine.
happyinBCS
He is and I have always he is very good
A Net Full of Jello
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Is he still practicing? I know he quit doing surgery many years ago. He is the one that sent me to Marr for mine.

Isn't he the lead singer of Paul Revere and the Raiders?
EBrazosAg
AG
Mark Lindsay has been the only optho that comes into the ER for decades. He works in folks with acute eye issues all the time. I dare say there are hundreds of people in the area with eyesight that they owe to his urgent care. He's a real community asset- and will be missed when he retires. But he's still going strong.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
UmustBKidding said:

Texas Regional Eye, NONE OF THEM

Can you elaborate on this? Why the universal anti-endorsement?
UmustBKidding
When i was a patient and had surgery there i was wondering if they had learned from the Russian guy that invented RK. In his facility they literally has patient conveyer belts. Lots of go here sit there wait in here, time with dr minimum.
I think all the dr are very competent but the feel of being in an eye mill is everywhere from check in to checkout.
Surgery center was same. Lots of people in beds waiting to be ingested int the surgery machine. Wheel your bed into a room, wheel equipment into room, dr appears, slice dice wheel your bed into different room, wait gtfo.
Totally different than my experience with Marr. More time with dr than nurses and technicians. Surgery done in physician center, did not feel like i was a number.
If you are down with being one of probably 50 patients the dr sees in a day or 20 he does surgery on it may be your place.
etj77845
Been a patient of both Marr and Riggs (Eye Center) and found both to be easy to work with. Have had dealings with the Park Hudson Surgery operation a couple of times and have been satisfied with the outcome- one visit was not for Eye Center referral. Both Marr and Riggs have done YAG on my eyes and Riggs cataract on a family member.

I remain a patient at Eye Center and would not hesitate to use them for a majority of my eye care needs. Same to be said for Marr, there is not that much difference between the offices.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.