Wellborn Rd traffic sucks

6,926 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Hornbeck
AG81
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wish the police would stop people from doing a uturn from the southbound lane at Deacon. It's always someone who has turned in to Wellborn at Cain. Almost been hit three times by these mullets.
maroon barchetta
Those people made the decision to live across the tracks where it requires them to use Cain. They can't be confused with people that plan ahead.
woodiewood1
Expert Analysis said:

BCS-Ag said:

D_Wag97 said:

Lack of transportation planning has left most of CS without continuous roads. The only roads that move north/south are Wellborn and Hwy 6. All others are disjointed or dead-end at some point. It's like the city said "nah, we don't need to extend Welsh (or any other road) because the city will NEVER go that far south).

Developers were allowed to put subdivisions in without extending major/minor collectors. Need another east/west south of Greens Prairie, too, but that doesn't seem like it'll ever happen due to subdivisions in the way. So they're widening GP, which will do nothing for the amount of cars using it.

It's not lack of planning or developers fault, it's the NIMBYs that freak out when it comes time to connect the roads between subdivisions.
Plan before developing....
Of course people are going to push back when the city decides to change roadway classification or add new roads that were not proposed when they purchased their place. Look at what's going on in Pebble Creek recently.

Yep, this occurred when the city wanted to extend four lane 2818 through Emerald Forest all the way to Hwy 30. You have a quiet subdivision with million dollar homes next to Emerald Pky. Who wouldn't object to the extension? You would probably go from 1,200 cars per day to 15,000 a day including a few hundred 18 wheelers.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
cypress-ag said:

FAT SEXY said:

It really is a beating. During peak hours, from F&B road all the way down to Graham it's worse than anywhere in the Tine.
I did a 55-minute commute in the mornings and 75-minute commute in the evening back when I worked in the Galleria area and commuted from Cypress. Let me know when you hit that mark my friend! I take any College Station traffic in stride after experiencing that painful 18 months of my life.

I've had many 40-45 minute commutes around 5pm. My record high is 52 with a couple 48's thrown in there. My record low is 32 minutes, over the break. I know it's not quite your commute, but it will only get worse.
Stupe
S
FAT SEXY said:

I like to embellish things.
That wasn't embellishment.

That was straight up lyin'.
BCS-Ag
Expert Analysis said:

BCS-Ag said:

D_Wag97 said:

Lack of transportation planning has left most of CS without continuous roads. The only roads that move north/south are Wellborn and Hwy 6. All others are disjointed or dead-end at some point. It's like the city said "nah, we don't need to extend Welsh (or any other road) because the city will NEVER go that far south).

Developers were allowed to put subdivisions in without extending major/minor collectors. Need another east/west south of Greens Prairie, too, but that doesn't seem like it'll ever happen due to subdivisions in the way. So they're widening GP, which will do nothing for the amount of cars using it.

It's not lack of planning or developers fault, it's the NIMBYs that freak out when it comes time to connect the roads between subdivisions.
Plan before developing....
Of course people are going to push back when the city decides to change roadway classification or add new roads that were not proposed when they purchased their place. Look at what's going on in Pebble Creek recently.

That does happen sometimes, depending on the council and city planners in place. What I'm talking about is more when a major collector is planned, but when it comes time to actually build it out between intersections, the houses nearby freak out. What should have happened is the person work with their realtor to look at what the roadway plans are and decide to live elsewhere if they are not okay with the plans. Case in point, Appomattox.
LOYAL AG
AG
maroon barchetta said:

bobinator said:

I'm so used to not being able to move on Wellborn that the other day I happened to be on there when traffic was light and wasn't paying attention and got a speeding ticket going 55 in the now-45.

Were there workers present? That can raise the fine amount quite a bit.

Worse than the fine is the fact you can't take defensive driving for a workers present ticket. You can for a school zone, mind you. But not workers present. Figure that out.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
woodiewood1
coleasterling said:

cypress-ag said:

FAT SEXY said:

It really is a beating. During peak hours, from F&B road all the way down to Graham it's worse than anywhere in the Tine.
I did a 55-minute commute in the mornings and 75-minute commute in the evening back when I worked in the Galleria area and commuted from Cypress. Let me know when you hit that mark my friend! I take any College Station traffic in stride after experiencing that painful 18 months of my life.

I've had many 40-45 minute commutes around 5pm from my work near downtown Bryan to my place in Millican. My record high is 52 with a couple 48's thrown in there. My record low is 32 minutes, over the break. I know it's not quite your commute, but it will only get worse.
I go to Houston most every week and Austin also. We have stretches that are just as bad but H and A have 10 plus miles bad versus our 2 or 3 miles.
IWannaGoFast1
AG
Which is why I live here vs. the big cities. No thanks.
Buford T. Justice
AG
I'm all for it! It will be ludicrously expensive, but we need it!
Buford T. Justice
AG
Couldn't they throw a couple of commuter cars on the track that is already in place and put some spurs throughout town? Have remote park and ride locations that have stops at the main areas of interest.

Hornbeck
Those of you who think drivers in BCS are the worst on the planet have never been to Miami, or New Delhi, and it shows.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.