Short-term rental question

1,120 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Lone Stranger
KatyAggie01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This year I'm going to turn my townhouse into a short-term rental so the family can use it more often. I think we'll rent it out for a few football weekends, graduation, etc. Does anyone have a view whether Airbnb or VRbO is used more in CS? Also, any cleaning crew contacts would be most appreciated. Thanks!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Reggiesankles said:

This year I'm going to turn my townhouse into a short-term rental so the family can use it more often. I think we'll rent it out for a few football weekends, graduation, etc. Does anyone have a view whether Airbnb or VRbO is used more in CS? Also, any cleaning crew contacts would be most appreciated. Thanks!
Usually you'll have the property listed on both services. Just need to make sure you don't double book with one from AirBNB and the other on VRBO - best way to avoid that is just a google calendar or something similar and being on top of x'ing out the date as soon as you get a booking.

As far as cleaning crews go - here is a link to a recent post with a few you can reach out to...

Best of luck!
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Aggie_95
AG
Reggiesankles said:

You want to offer the unit on both sites. You can "share" your calendar across the two platforms so that you do not get double booked. I have only been double booked once in 7 years when two people secured my property within minutes of each other.

More than happy to discuss any questions you might have.
KenJohse
AG
We us VRBO for our 2/2 and have been very happy. We also have 30 day or more rentals that we book ourselves.
KatyAggie01
Thanks for all the info. I understand short-term rentals require a permit in CS. Is this right? Anyone have any advice on the permitting process?

TIA.
Lone Stranger
Yes....permit required along with a few other hoops the city wants you to jump through. The ordinance was modified recently to be less onerous.

https://www.kbtx.com/2023/01/26/city-college-station-revises-short-term-rental-ordinance/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.