Girl Scout Cookie Time!

1,926 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by aggie-1997
jrhmc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's time for the Girl Scout cookie sale! Cookies are available from your local scouts January 18 through February 26. Please do not place an order on this post since that's not allowed. They are $5 per box with a limited number of the gluten-free Caramel Chocolate Chip available for $6. These always sell out so if you want them, find them soon! Sales outside of many stores this Saturday and you can usually find a troop selling from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays, 4:00 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, and other various times at small locations around town.

Please remember that these girls are working hard to achieve goals and learn financial literacy. Help them to learn customer service by being polite if you say no and ask them about their goals. If you are interested in learning more about the Cookie Sale and Girl Scouts, check out https://www.gsctx.org/en/cookies/about-girl-scout-cookies.html Apparently our area cookie booths haven't been added to the council lists so I'll post another link when I find out where you can search for a cookie seller.

BTW, I'm no longer a troop leader or any kind of Girl Scout volunteer since my girls all graduated so you'll need to go to the link and search for a local girl to buy cookies. I can't help. Sorry! If you are a troop leader or a parent of a girl selling, you are NOT allowed to post links to sell cookies on this kind of social media so any such posts will be removed to prevent Girl Scouts from penalizing your troop.
TyHolden
AG
They need to bring back the lemon-powdered wafers….
jrhmc
AG
TyHolden said:

They need to bring back the lemon-powdered wafers….
Those were from the other bakery. There are two bakeries that make Girl Scout cookies and that's why they have different names in different places.
happyinBCS
will they be selling them at HEB tower point
AG81
AG
There's some girl scout with a case of thin mints with my name on it. I just don't know who she is yet.
oklaunion
She couldn't find you so she sold that case to me today. Plus another case. I'm set now. Thanks.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
I'm glad to know inflation hasn't gotten to the Girl Scout cookies yet.

Question: do you know which confectionary made the Girl Scout cookies? I've heard good things about the one coming from the one in Fort Worth.
TwoTimeAg
AG
I think BCS is a ABC Bakers area. Little Brownie Bakers is the other one. I am a LBB Thin Mints guy.
instapt
They might still be $5, but it's meanwhile down to only 4 cookies per box...
AG81
AG
oklaunion said:

She couldn't find you so she sold that case to me today. Plus another case. I'm set now. Thanks.

FTW! Well done!
happyinBCS
where can I get them?
momlaw
AG
When I buy it is from jrhmc's young ladies.
Their earnings are leveraged into growth experiences and opportunities.
She is an excellent leader and blesses those in her orbit.
momlaw
jrhmc
AG
momlaw said:

When I buy it is from jrhmc's young ladies.
Their earnings are leveraged into growth experiences and opportunities.
She is an excellent leader and blesses those in her orbit.
That's very sweet but my girls have all graduated at this point and 7 are now students at TAMU. Feel free to support other area troops!
happyinBCS
My neighbor said the cookies are made in China Is this true.? I can't see how
jrhmc
AG
happyinBCS said:

No, not true at all. Made in Richmond, VA.
jrhmc
AG
Link in the original post works now!
Jinx
happyinBCS said:

Yes, they are. You shouldnt buy them because they're not made in 'muricah. Mhm.

(More for us.)
cajunken
The Girl Scouts need to time their cookie sales a little better - I'm still working off the holiday pounds!
aggie-1997
AG
cajunken said:

The Girl Scouts need to time their cookie sales a little better - I'm still working off the holiday pounds!
Actually they probably got this timed perfectly. By now most people have already ditched the new years resolution and grabbed the gallon of Blue Bell.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.