MyEyeDr Problem

2,892 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by trouble
woodometer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone else had issues with getting the frames and lenses that you ordered from MyEyeDr in a timely fashion? I have no issues with the actual exam portion of my visit but after waiting 3 weeks for my lenses and frames I called and was told that they were delayed. They said that they had just spoken to the lab today and that the lenses did not pass inspection initially and were being remade. No estimate on when they would be ready. I understand these things sometimes happen but i have a coworker experiencing the exact same issue and he has been waiting a month for his and was told there was a mix up on his frames and lenses with another order. This is the old TSO location in the Physicians Center.
Hornbeck
No. We go to Eyemart Express in Culpepper. They turn glasses around in a couple hours.
watcholady
AG
Interesting. I was told that exact same story last year.

This year I'm having to argue with them and the GM just to be able to book three appointments on the same day for me, my teenager and tween. We are all multi-year patients with TSO before My Eye Dr. bought them.

The only reason he will give us is that three family members with three appointments together slows their workflow. I'm trying to explain that three appointments for three patients IS their workflow. It's lunacy.

So, I'd love recommendations for practices that do retinal imaging. Is that just about everyone by now?

Edit: typos
EBrazosAg
AG
I left the TPC location - too much turnover. I go to the Wellborn/SW pkwy location. Much better. Dr Houtkin really easy to deal with and same experience with the staff. They have retinal scan.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
trouble
AG
What the heck? How would that be any slower than just 3 appts in a row? He sounds sketchy
JeepWaveEarl
AG
I recommend Dr. Zike at Eye Trends. Excellent and a Great Guy!
WatchOle
Staff
AG
trouble said:

What the heck? How would that be any slower than just 3 appts in a row? He sounds sketchy

Yeah, it makes no sense. And, it WAS 3 appts, booked back-to-back-to-back: 2:20, 2:40, 3:00. They caught it after the fact, noticed that the appts were all from one family and cancelled one. It's like they are going out of their way to be the opposite of family friendly. Just weird. Talking with the GM about it was frustrating to say the least - probably more frustrating than the policy.

Edit: to add MyEyeDr so that it indexes appropriately with search engines. Hopefully our experience is helpful to others.

Update: they've reinstated the 3rd appt and we are being seen. They've made an exception this time and will get back with us on what will happen on this issue going forward. We are still here because we really like Dr Bloomberg.
Gig'em, Brandon '95
trouble
AG
I'm less nice than y'all. Want me to go have a "talk" with him?

Seriously though, it's weird as hell.
MiMi
S
Quote:

So, I'd love recommendations for practices that do retinal imaging.
Crystal Vision on Rock Prairie does it. Dr. Mays (and the rest of the staff) are awesome.
woodometer
AG
OP Update on MyEyeDr: Finally received my glasses on Monday exactly one month from when I placed the order. No apology and was just told that they had to remake them because the lenses didnt pass inspection. When i put them on everything was blurry. They told me it can take up to two weeks for my eyes to adjust. Have never had this experience but reading online this seems to be a thing. 4 days out now and still having issues reading mu computer monitors at work but i think things are a little better but not alot. My co worker still has not received his glasses going on a month and a half now.
trouble
AG
I wore glasses for 20 years and never experienced that. How strange.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.