TxDOT work causing backup on SH 6 between Navasota and College Station

9,387 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by cavscout96
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
8:35
woodiewood1
Bunk Moreland said:

I've got to do it tomorrow morning again and i'll be making the drive semi often for the foreseeable future. I think I'm just going to exit business 6 into navasota, take 105 west to 159 and drive in that way.

It's a guaranteed additional 15-20 minutes to the drive but at least it's scenic and I won't be screaming and wanting to go into a road rage rampage for 30+ minutes in that mess.
I go to Brenham most every week and I always go and come back on 159. I like the drive along the river bottom through the Moore Farm and King Ranch farm.
techno-ag
AG
woodiewood1 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

I've got to do it tomorrow morning again and i'll be making the drive semi often for the foreseeable future. I think I'm just going to exit business 6 into navasota, take 105 west to 159 and drive in that way.

It's a guaranteed additional 15-20 minutes to the drive but at least it's scenic and I won't be screaming and wanting to go into a road rage rampage for 30+ minutes in that mess.
I go to Brenham most every week and I always go and come back on 159. I like the drive along the river bottom through the Moore Farm and King Ranch farm.
Don't forget the prison farm out there.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
techno-ag said:

woodiewood1 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Took the 159 Route back today - man - I've gotta say that the land around there new Moore Farm and the Thompson Feed location was some of the prettiest land. Hats off to the land stewards who've kept that stretch looking like that.
LJF78
Problem with the delays on 6 south is heavily contributed to selfish drivers, delays is because every idiot tries to ride the left lane as long as possible .. or bypass all cars in right lane then cut in at last possible second…if people would merge sooner the right lane would flow with no stops.
Im not letting you merge in front of me, you saw that sign way back just like everyone else
MiMi
S
LJF78 said:

Problem with the delays on 6 south is heavily contributed to selfish drivers, delays is because every idiot tries to ride the left lane as long as possible .. or bypass all cars in right lane then cut in at last possible second…if people would merge sooner the right lane would flow with no stops.
Im not letting you merge in front of me, you saw that sign way back just like everyone else

It's a shame that we can't all learn to Zipper Merge. But I can never see Texans driving so cooperatively.
doubledog
MiMi said:

LJF78 said:

It's a shame that we can't all learn to Zipper Merge. But I can never see Texans driving so cooperatively.
Not just Texans... The Zipper merge is always compromised by bad/aggressive drivers...
cavscout96
AG
if you're traveling the Brazos river bottom between Navasota and Millican, slow down. Lots of standing water. Don't want to end up 100yds into a freshly plowed field. Might not get out for a couple of weeks based on the amount of rain in the area.
happyinBCS
Is this still an issue my daughter is coming up to Aggieland from Houston this evening
happyinBCS
scd88
AG
Yes
happyinBCS
Thank you.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
I drove by this afternoon about 3PM, wasn't so bad.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
techno-ag
AG
How about Houston bound? Slow that direction too?
Stupe
S
Normal traffic southbound.
techno-ag
scd88
AG
LJF78 said:

That merge makes me want to fight someone. I just get in the right lane; I'm not one to rush forward in the left lane to "get ahead."

PS3D
Navasota River bottom, and tends to flood more than the Brazos one does. That's why they have those giant culverts on the side of the road that fill up after a nice rain.
cavscout96
AG
PSA

They've moved to the east side of the bridge. Still one lane, but now LEFT lane open.

Also. Entrance ramp from FM3090 to H6 is CLOSED.

N. Bound traffic from Navasota and points E & W of Nav. On 90/105 must enter at Washington Avenue / 105w-90e intersection.

Alternate route from the west is FM 159 through Allen Farm and Millican

Several alternates from the East that will get you to H30 then WD Fitch or points north
cavscout96
AG
And if you're traveling east on 105 fron Brenham amd headed to Bryan or further north, you can take 50 through Independence to 60 and head into CS on 60 from which poi t you can head N on 2818 to Brian or back around to 6
woodiewood1
techno-ag said:

woodiewood1 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Where is the prison farm? Never hear of it.
techno-ag
AG
woodiewood1 said:

techno-ag said:

woodiewood1 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

Where is the prison farm? Never hear of it.

https://www.glo.texas.gov/land/state-lands/land-for-sale/property-files/155123/155123.pdf

Quote:

Buffalo Ranch is located along the northeast and southwest sides of FM 50, generally a north/south road, approximately three miles southeast of FM 60, approximately 11 miles southwest of College Station, and approximately 17 miles east of Caldwell in unincorporated Burleson County, Texas.

The site is divided into two tracts by FM 50, the southwest tract has 6,104 acres and the northeast tract has 4,898.1 acres.

The property is currently under a long-term lease with the Texas Department of Criminal Justice ("TDCJ") for field crop farming and grazing through August 31, 2033 with one ten (10) year renewal.

techno-ag
AG
On the way out of town today I noticed they had all traffic stopped while pouring concrete.
SARATOGA
Problem is they need to do work like this at NIGHT.

Its shift work so what is the problem ?

Stupe
S
I generally agree with night work, but I don't think that would be a good idea in that location.

It's a blind hill and there isn't a way to divert traffic around that bridge without going through Navasota and a bunch of back roads.

It would be nearly impossible to do safely do that.
cavscout96
AG
looks like they are almost done.

they were replacing all the guard rails. appears all that is left is the clean up work.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.