Best place to buy appliances

2,403 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgCFP
sirhc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to buy appliances for my new home - refrigerator and washer/dryer mainly. Is there a place in town (or in surrounding areas that deliver) that might have something/good or best to stick with Best Buy/Lowes/Home Depot?
UmustBKidding
Check with factory dealer on wellborn
etj77845
I have had Buddy's appliances for over 20yrs. Don't know the difference between what they sell and big box folk, but they seem to last longer. Buddys was our supplier of choice when we did kitchen remodel.

trouble
AG
Buddy's is my go to
BQ_90
AG
Buddys, they beat Lowe's and HD on price, little more for installation but they could delivery in a week where box stores was 6 weeks. This was during Covid
TyHolden
AG
Costco?
legalbird
Google Samsung compressor refrigerator problems. Do same for LG.

Avoid ice machine/water in the door. This has turned into a problem for many mfg.

Another Doug
AG
Doing Whirlpool Inside Pass online is the best deal I have found. Most models can be found in Lowes or HD to check out then use Inside Pass to buy for cheaper.

https://www.whirlpoolinsidepass.com/

Inside Pass typically requires a code to use as it is a common employee benefit from different companies. I have found companies often announce this kind of benefit to thier employees via a pdf files hosted on thier web site so if you google limiting the results to pdf files you can find all sorts of goodies.

so google.....
Whirlpool Inside Pass filetype:pdf

They will deliver, install and haul away the old stuff.

El_duderino
Ace Hardware (Turner, Pierce, and Fultz) in navasota for speed queen washer/dryer.
halibut sinclair
Buddy's is the way to go for appliance packages - builder discount.
UglyScientist
El_duderino said:

Ace Hardware (Turner, Pierce, and Fultz) in navasota for speed queen washer/dryer.

What's the deal with the Speed Queens? Are they worth the price tag? I'm looking for a new washer and haven't been happy with anything I've had in years.
Txmoe
AG
UglyScientist said:

El_duderino said:

What's the deal with the Speed Queens? Are they worth the price tag? I'm looking for a new washer and haven't been happy with anything I've had in years.
I'm no expert in this area but I believe that Speed Queen is one of the few brands that purposely sells low-tech washers and dryers. Also one of the few to sell washers with an actual agitator.
UglyScientist
Oh that's exactly what I'm looking for!
sirhc
AG
how would this work? should i ask my builder if they have a discount with them that i could leverage?
deh40
AG
Best Buy typically beats Lowes & Home Depot on appliance prices. My experience is Lowes is usually the most expensive.
AG
deh40 said:

Best Buy typically beats Lowes & Home Depot on appliance prices. My experience is Lowes is usually the most expensive.
I experienced the same.
Bucketrunner
We found that Buddy's had employees who could explain the merits and demerits of each appliance.
EBrazosAg
AG
Speed Queen has both analog and digital control models. They have solid drives and transmissions. I am very happy with my 1 yr old SQ clothes washer from TPF in Navasota. You should go visit them.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
davido
AG
What about used? I'm trying to source 10-12 gas stoves for some fixed income folks. Don't have to be perfect, just work and look decent.
AgCFP
AG
Check with Aggieland Appliances off Hwy 6 just south of W D Fitch. They have new and used appliances.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.