Amazon Drone Delivery- List of Products

9,335 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jefflink
Sweet Kitten Feet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I'm curious if anyone knows what products are available for drone delivery. I'll totally buy something just to see the drone.

Maybe we could keep this a running list as people find new things available.
TyHolden
AG
I'm getting a gas-powered, Elon muskle-car delivered…
Tom Cardy
AG
I have everything set up, but not seeing a specific option or catalog to use for delivery. Am I missing something?
spike427
AG
Tom Cardy said:

I have everything set up, but not seeing a specific option or catalog to use for delivery. Am I missing something?

I think those who are eligible/signed up will be contacted once it's actually live and ready for ordering.

I know that What's The Buzz was at one of those meetings about the service, so I'm hoping for backyard coffee delivery!
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Kbtx said it had started. I asked our yard measuring person and they said we'd get an email. But then it would just show up as a shipping option. You can filter on shipping options once you search for a product. But if like to see everything drone- eligible.
AggiePhil
AG
It'll probably be a few more weeks, at a minimum.
motherrunnersBCS
I'm not eligible. You have to have a pretty large and clear landing zone - no pool or gardens or trees in the way. It's not like it hovers over your front porch and drops it. It has to have room to land and take off. Doubt many people in my neighborhood are eligible due to pools and fences.
AggiePhil
AG
motherrunnersBCS said:

I'm not eligible. You have to have a pretty large and clear landing zone - no pool or gardens or trees in the way. It's not like it hovers over your front porch and drops it. It has to have room to land and take off. Doubt many people in my neighborhood are eligible due to pools and fences.

Our Prime Air drop zone is in the driveway.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
We didn't have enough room the first time. They changed the requirements and came back out like 3 weeks ago and measured again with the new tolerances and we had room.
Ag_B_10
AG
If you shoot one of their drones down, do you get to keep the package?
EBrazosAg
AG
Absolutely! Possession is 99% ownership!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Capt.Starbuck
How do you sign up for the service?
spike427
AG
motherrunnersBCS said:

When we got our yard QR code, they told me it would hover about 10 feet above ground. Has that changed?
AgSportsFan
AG
Capt.Starbuck said:

Wondering the same myself if anyone knows.
AggiePhil
AG
spike427 said:

motherrunnersBCS said:

When we got our yard QR code, they told me it would hover about 10 feet above ground. Has that changed?

No, the previous poster is mistaken. Packages will be dropped from a height of 10-15'.
AggiePhil
AG
AgSportsFan said:

Capt.Starbuck said:

Wondering the same myself if anyone knows.

It's a pilot program. Signup was a few months ago through a specially survey type website.
aggiesed8r
AG
They wanted to make an appointment to come evaluate my yard. I told them certainly, but then I also had to be present during the appointment. I never got around to making another and decided the current next day delivery via prime is pretty hard to beat already. I don't see much advantage to having drone delivery unless it's day of order.
Tom Cardy
AG
I believe it's 1-2 hour delivery from time of order, albeit a limited catalog
meezermom
So is there no way to sign up now? I never saw the original survey but I've been waiting for it and now I'm disappointed it looks like I can't be part of it.
Tom Cardy
AG
There are limitations on who can participate. I believe you have to be within 4 miles of the distribution center, and they have to identify your location as a good option for drones to fly in and out. The center is off hwy 6 near the car dealerships by Rock Prairie, but I'm not sure how they determine the zoning from there
EBrazosAg
AG
Since it's a flying drone - is that 4 SM or 4 NM (4.6 SM)? Do you have to be in COCS? I think the answer is yes to the later.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
spike427
AG
meezermom said:

So is there no way to sign up now? I never saw the original survey but I've been waiting for it and now I'm disappointed it looks like I can't be part of it.

I have a link I can send you if you want to share an email address. Not sure it will still work but it's worth a try!
meezermom
Thanks, spike427 -- it's worth a try, right?

alikat4413 at yahoo.com (use the @ instead of at). We are within the 4-mile zone so maybe we can make it happen!
spike427
AG
Emailed, if you want to edit!
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
spike427 said:

meezermom said:

I have a link I can send you if you want to share an email address. Not sure it will still work but it's worth a try!
Spike - can you send me the link too? Luke at myredpear.com

The drone delivery facility is behind Brookwater Circle and the Mercedes Benz Dealership near the tech campus.

Areas covered are pretty much everything in South College Station along William D Fitch (Pebble Creek, Williams Creek, etc.

Time Stamp at 0:33 on the video below shows the map.

https://www.kbtx.com/2022/12/23/prime-air-launches-service-college-station/
EBrazosAg
AG
That's a city limits map with the ETJ on it. That's way bigger radius than the 4 mile number.
spike427
AG
Emailed!
MarineBQ04
AG
I know the weight limit is 5 pounds.
Builder93
AG
MarineBQ04 said:

I know the weight limit is 5 pounds.

Dang it. I was going to get a new fridge.
threecatcorner
So if you live in South College Station, you can get stuff in an hour or two, but if you live anywhere else in B/CS, it's still nearly a week for Amazon "Prime" delivery?

Everything tells me Thurs. Jan. 5 for "prime" (in quotes because I do not consider nearly a week to actually be Prime when their website says 1-2 days for practically everywhere in the contiguous U.S.), but if I select an address in Dallas, it tells me the same items would be Amazon one-day with Sat,, Dec. 31 as the delivery date.

Considering cancelling Prime since it's gotten useless. Would really love to at least get a refund for December and January. Maybe if they had to do that for everyone affected (including people who don't live here who tried to send stuff to grandkids, etc. for Christmas and couldn't get stuff here in time because of this idiotic policy), they'd decide to stop sucking.
BiochemAg97
AG
threecatcorner said:

So if you live in South College Station, you can get stuff in an hour or two, but if you live anywhere else in B/CS, it's still nearly a week for Amazon "Prime" delivery?

Everything tells me Thurs. Jan. 5 for "prime" (in quotes because I do not consider nearly a week to actually be Prime when their website says 1-2 days for practically everywhere in the contiguous U.S.), but if I select an address in Dallas, it tells me the same items would be Amazon one-day with Sat,, Dec. 31 as the delivery date.

Considering cancelling Prime since it's gotten useless. Would really love to at least get a refund for December and January. Maybe if they had to do that for everyone affected (including people who don't live here who tried to send stuff to grandkids, etc. for Christmas and couldn't get stuff here in time because of this idiotic policy), they'd decide to stop sucking.

It is real simple. USPS delivers Amazon here. Meaning it has to go from Amazon warehouse to USPS and then rely on USPS drivers to deliver the packages. And USPS gets real busy in December.

Need Amazon to build delivery place in BCS. Maybe if drone delivery is successful, Amazon adds a van fleet and drops USPS.

All that said, I have gotten most of my prime packages in ~2 days. Some have said longer and then been rescheduled to earlier. Very few have been bumped from 2 day to a day later.

And if the thing is in a warehouse in Dallas and has to go to Houston before it can be handed over to USPS, yeah Dallas delivery in several hours vs BCS delivery in 3ish days makes sense.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

threecatcorner said:

It is real simple. USPS delivers Amazon here. Meaning it has to go from Amazon warehouse to USPS and then rely on USPS drivers to deliver the packages. And USPS gets real busy in December.

Need Amazon to build delivery place in BCS. Maybe if drone delivery is successful, Amazon adds a van fleet and drops USPS.

All that said, I have gotten most of my prime packages in ~2 days. Some have said longer and then been rescheduled to earlier. Very few have been bumped from 2 day to a day later.

And if the thing is in a warehouse in Dallas and has to go to Houston before it can be handed over to USPS, yeah Dallas delivery in several hours vs BCS delivery in 3ish days makes sense.

We are too close to Houston for the investment in a facility but too far away to make it a consistent thing (without some logistical headaches). It's one of the reasons why we were one of the two cities in the US selected. There's lots of strong amazon demographics but not quite big enough to make a worth while investment pencil out.
BiochemAg97
AG
Red Pear BCS Luke said:

BiochemAg97 said:

threecatcorner said:

We are too close to Houston for the investment in a facility but too far away to make it a consistent thing (without some logistical headaches). It's one of the reasons why we were one of the two cities in the US selected. There's lots of strong amazon demographics but not quite big enough to make a worth while investment pencil out.

It really isn't about too close to Houston to invest in a facility. Amazon was putting distribution points all over the Austin area not that long ago. They plopped one down in Round Rock a few years before we moved back to BCS. Leased an Office/warehouse development to run the vans out of. Trucks came in, vans went out. I assume they also stocked some stuff in that warehouse for the 2 hr delivery. Seems like a perfect solution for BCS. Send semis from Houston/Dallas/Austin, unload at the distribution point and then have vans running all
Over Brazos County.

I've seen vans in Rockdale, presumably out of round rock/hutto/Taylor. While it might make sense to run a few vans a day from round rock through to rockdale, hitting any customers in the other small towns along the way, the fleet necessary to bring all the stuff to BCS from Houston clearly doesn't make sense.

La Fours
AG
I saw an Amazon Prime van in Pebble Creek yesterday.
AggiePhil
AG
I agree. We are not too close to Houston for a warehouse, given the number of Amazon deliveries to our area. COCS and COB, time to grease those gears!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.