Level 3 EV Charging

1,261 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgProgrammer
MsC2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy. I am no longer local but come back often. Is there a level 3 EV charger for non Tesla? Looking at getting an EV so wondering.

I don't need your opinions please. Lol
AgProgrammer
AG
Brookshire Brothers by campus has two 50kW CCS chargers and Mid-South has 62kW CCS chargers coming in to town on Highway 6 in Navasota and Highway 30 in Carlos. Gladneys Auto is supposed to be installing faster DC chargers (150kW, I think) but I haven't seen a firm timeline on that.

That's it for non Tesla options here. Nothing super fast. I would suggest downloading the PlugShare app as it shows you all of the various charging options and reports from users for each station.
MsC2012
AG
Thanks so much!!
halibut sinclair
There are charging stations in downtown Bryan, but I have no idea what level they are.
nwspmp
halibut sinclair said:

There are charging stations in downtown Bryan, but I have no idea what level they are.
Level 2; J1772 likely no more than 240VAC at 24A max.

Currently no fast DC / Level 3 charging in B/CS that I know of, but is coming soon.
AgProgrammer
AG
The Brookshire Brothers charger is a DC Level 3 "fast charger". It'll charge about 10x faster than the J1772 destination chargers and about 5x faster than a Tesla destination charger.

There are several levels of DC chargers...50kW like the Brookshire Brothers location, 62kW at Mid-South, all the way up to 250kW and 350kW at the newer Electrify America chargers. The Tesla Superchargers are Buc-ee's and HEB in CS are 250kW. Your typical home "Level 2" charger is anywhere from 5kW to 11kW.

Level 1 = Regular 20A 110v AC outlet
Level 2 = 220v AC home and destination chargers (ranging from 20amps to 60amps)
Level 3 = DC Chargers (50kW to 350kW) that range from 400v to 800v
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.