Great Pyrenees Pups in Need of a Loving Home

3,841 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by maroon barchetta
aggieclimber
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is Roscoe and Sadie. They are bonded brother/sister Great Pyrenees mix pups. We found them abandoned and bewildered in the middle of the road a couple months ago.

I am hoping the Aggie Network might help me find a good home for these two sweethearts. Since we've had them they've successfully stayed with dog sitters for multiple nights, twice. Their shots are current and they have both been spayed/neutered. They are crate trained and housetrained. Our vet estimates their age to be approximately 6 months.

We took them in to give them a chance of survival and they have thrived. However, our intention was always to re-home them and it is becoming increasingly difficult for us to continue their care. This is due to no fault of their own. They are both sweet, cuddly couch potatoes who like to play and be apart of whatever the day offers. They also get along well with our adult Aussie.

Please contact me if you would be willing to give Roscoe and Sadie a loving home together. Will upload more images of them doing something more than napping tomorrow( it's late).
713-202-2437

Wrecking Crew 21
Pyrs make great pets and keep predators away! We have 4 or I would help you out!
milner79
Have you searched for and contacted a Great Pyre rescue org? I know there is at least one out there because my wife follows it. (If I ask her for the info directly, she is going to want to adopt your dogs ... and we just don't have the bandwidth for that right now.)
aggieclimber
AG
The ever dwindling bandwidth.... I can relate. We have contacted a couple rescues to no avail. Haven't received a response back.
75AG
AG
Yep! The Great Pyrenees Rescue Society in Spring can help. Wonderful people doing great work for these dogs. greatpyreneesrescuesociety.org
Nosmo
AG
We had a friendly, youngish, stray (probably dumped), and contacted Aggieland Humane Society. They held the dog for potential owner, but as soon as it expired it was adopted within 24 hours.

From your story those dogs are what they call, "very adoptable", and won't last long.
aggieclimber
AG
Bump
SW AG80
AG
How big will they get?
Smeghead4761
According to Wiki, about 120-165 lbs. Big dogs.
chickiepoo
AG
We have a Great Pyrenees mix (he is 44% GP and 25% Mastiff according to his doggy DNA analysis). At 15 months he is well north of 100 pounds and spends much of his day holding down our bed. He is one of the best dogs we have owned (other than being a bed hog).

Hope these two pups find a forever home. Thanks for taking them in.
Wrecking Crew 21
We have four and the biggest is ninety pounds! The two in the picture probably won't get over one hundred!
Aggie 63
aggielifer79
AG
We have had two GPs. Both female, both around 90 lbs. Great dogs. Both were rescues and quickly transitioned from country dog to city dog.
75AG
AG
Any update? Did the OP contact the Great Pyrenees Rescue Society in Spring?
aggieclimber
AG
Roscoe and Sadie have landed in their new homes. If anyone is looking for a rescue with which to work please consider Belles Buds. This was our first experience with rescue pups, fostering and working with a rescue. Tammy and Julia are stellar. Their contacts helped us find new homes for the pups within a week. Upon meeting them I could tell they are passionate about helping dogs. We plan to foster with them again. They are always in need of food and supplies via their wish list on Amazon as they are a non-profit. If you're looking for an organization to help, I would suggest taking a look.

bellesbudsrescue.org

I hope everyone has a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Gig 'Em

maroon barchetta
They got split up?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.