Fedora Out At Consol?

22,737 Views | 70 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by ukbb2003
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rumors Lee Fedora is stepping down or may already have? Anyone know?
woodometer
AG
Lee Fedora era ends abruptly at A&M Consolidated
MB19
AG
Yep.
Scoopen Skwert
AG
Wow. I hope he is ok. He's a fierce competitor and a cool guy.
12aggies
Any indication if he is leaving for another HC position in another district??
TAMU1990
AG
12aggies said:

No he was forced out
AggiePhil
AG
Bring him over to be A&M's OC.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Winning matters
12aggies
Hey, he did have a dang good season and made it to the play offs.
Ag_B_10
AG
TAMU1990 said:

12aggies said:

No he was forced out

Why? His record doesn't seem to be reason to force him out.
Aggie
AG
aggiepaintrain said:

Winning matters

He won enough at the HS level to not get fired.
Something internally or run out by parents which in this day and age is believable
Smeghead4761
It gets tough when your cross town rival has won a state championship and goes deeper into the playoffs than you.
12aggies
Was hoping Consol was going to stay in it long enough to play CS again in the playoffs - would have been a great rematch game!
TellMeMore
Would think he was owed more time. If you haven't lived here for more than a few years , you have no idea what he meant to raising the bar at Consol.
KaneIsAble
AG
TAMU1990 said:

12aggies said:

No he was forced out

Yep - Karma is undefeated.
woodometer
AG
This has everything to do with the Superintendent wanting to put his guy into that position.
KaneIsAble
AG
Wrong
maroon barchetta
KaneIsAble said:

TAMU1990 said:

12aggies said:

No he was forced out

Yep - Karma is undefeated.
Sq 17
12aggies said:

Was hoping Consol was going to stay in it long enough to play CS again in the playoffs - would have been a great rematch game!

Would have been an epic rematch and I would have been happy if Consol would have taken care of Smithson Valley
The Good Aggieboy19
AG
woodometer said:

This has everything to do with the Superintendent wanting to put his guy into that position.

Tell me you're not actually plugged into the situation without actually telling me...
gig'em
MS08
AG
He's been successful at Consol. I do not know all the ins and outs, but seems way too soon and drastic of a move.
Hornbeck
From what I've heard, neither he nor his top assistants teach classes which is a little bit odd since they are employed by a school district…
Buford T. Justice
AG
I know nothing about the circumstances that led to this situation, but it seems like a bad move to me. All the program did was win under his leadership. Is the expectation that they win a state championship?
maroon barchetta
Hornbeck said:

From what I've heard, neither he nor his top assistants teach classes which is a little bit odd since they are employed by a school district…

Head coaches don't teach.
Buford T. Justice
AG
All that said, I hope that he lands on his feet and takes another program to greater heights.
Goose83
AG
AggiePhil said:

Bring him over to be A&M's OC HC.

FIFY.
UmustBKidding
He does not teach because he is the athletic director. That is how schools work around that. Most other assistants teach, some are great teachers and others not so much. But the thing that upsets some is that all the coaches must travel with the team. His rule. Which makes Friday hell when it comes to staffing. No sub available for freshman basketball coach that MUST travel with the team means a regular teacher or assistant principal has to cover all their afternoon classes.
Aggie
AG
Hornbeck said:

You think everyone employed by a school district teaches??
Alot of coaches don't teach.
Bigger schools in DFW area and Houston this is pretty common…And you will start to see more and more of this.
Crusaders41
There's 3 things coaches consider when they look at a job
1. Ability to win (i.e. are there good athletes in the community)
2. Salary - Everyone wants to get paid well
3. Teaching duties - Do they have to teach 4 periods? 2 Periods? None at all? 6 Periods? Those things matter.
jeffk
AG
Very few HFBC teach classes as many of them are also ADs or campus coordinators. Many OC/DCs also don't teach in larger districts, or if they do they have easy gigs like ISS or something.

Head coaches in other non-football sports almost all still teach.
techno-ag
AG
jeffk said:

Very few HFBC teach classes as many of them are also ADs or campus coordinators. Many OC/DCs also don't teach in larger districts, or if they do they have easy gigs like ISS or something.

Head coaches in other non-football sports almost all still teach.
Yes it's considered an administrative position. Principals don't usually teach either.
bloom
UmustBKidding said:

He does not teach because he is the athletic director. That is how schools work around that. Most other assistants teach, some are great teachers and others not so much. But the thing that upsets some is that all the coaches must travel with the team. His rule. Which makes Friday hell when it comes to staffing. No sub available for freshman basketball coach that MUST travel with the team means a regular teacher or assistant principal has to cover all their afternoon classes.

Am I understanding you to mean that ALL of the coaches who regularly attend football practices, regardless of their role in practice, must travel with the team? The "get back" coach and other sideline warm bodies cannot complete their school day and then travel to the game? Or are you indicating that even non-football coaches who do not attend football practices have to travel to games?

I have a vague memory of unhappy teachers when Fedora was hired, and it did have something to do with his staff's teaching load. Perhaps in Navasota as part of their academic planning his assistants did not have to carry the teaching load that coaches normally carry in most districts.
AG81
AG
Aggie said:

Hornbeck said:

You think everyone employed by a school district teaches??
Alot of coaches don't teach.
Bigger schools in DFW area and Houston this is pretty common…And you will start to see more and more of this.

There are more people employed by any given school district that don't teach than who do.
ag009
AG
I taught in Navasota. Let's just say there were plenty of times the department head and I were the only person in the departmental meeting. Who knows where the coaches were, probably in the fieldhouse. There was a lot of pressure to pass the boys who were failing...and those boys knew it too. Made life difficult for teachers.
maroon barchetta
No Pass, No Play came about while I was in high school. Pressure to pass players who are flunking classes has been around since at least the 80's.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.