Samsung Washing Machine needs to be balanced

2,054 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by TyHolden
MadDog73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for recommendations. Washing machine is dancing across the laundry room floor.
justcallmeharry
S
"How do I balance my Samsung front loader?

[ol]
  • 1 Tap Settings on your washing machines display.
  • Tap Calibration.
  • Tap Start. The washing machine door will lock and the drum will rotate clockwise and anticlockwise for several minutes. When your washing machine has finished calibrating, it will turn off automatically."
  • [/ol]
    [ol]
  • Remove all laundry or any other contents in the machine.
  • Power off, and then power on the washing machine on again.
  • Hold down Temp.
  • Press START/PAUSE to run the Calibration cycle.
  • The drum will rotate clockwise and counterclockwise for about 3 minutes.
  • [/ol]
    A friend/former landlord would pull the machine from the back to the front until the back of the machine was about 4 inches above the floor. Then he would let it go - and upon the collision with the floor, the machine would be back in balance. His theory - and it proved to be right - something knocks it out of balance and that collision would knock it back in balance. It worked. Go figure.

Top-loading washers automatically adjust to level. If something has shifted, you can relevel a top-loading washer by tipping the washer forward, then placing it back on the floor. Front-loading washers level by turning a leg to raise or lower it.

If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
    MyNameIsJeff
    AG
    Top load? I swapped the rods/springs on ours a few years ago and saved a few hundred dollars over what I was quoted by a repair guy.

Also, google "Samsung exploding washer" while you're at it. Ours was included in the recall, but the fix didn't address the out of balance issues.
    MadDog73
    AG
    Thanks for info. I ran the calibration. Hopefully that does the trick.
    justcallmeharry
    S
    I hope it does, too. Good Luck!
    If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
    MadDog73
    AG
    justcallmeharry said:

It worked. Thanks again for your help.
    91_Aggie
    AG
    For future reference never buy a Samsung appliance
    justcallmeharry
    S
    MadDog73 said:

justcallmeharry said:

It worked. Thanks again for your help.
    dubi
    AG
    91_Aggie said:

For future reference never buy a Samsung appliance
    We owned one of the awful Samsung french door fridges and had nothing but trouble with the ice maker. It broke a few months ago and I was quick to buy another and not try to repair it yet again.
    TyHolden
    AG
    Called these guys 4:30 today because washer was dead in the water. He got here at 5 and was done by 5:30. Well worth it. I didn't have the parts and I didn't have the time to fix it.

https://www.aggielandappliancerepair.com/
    Refresh
    Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.