Massive Pile Up Southbound on HWY 6

2,812 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by 91_Aggie
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Major accident between Barron and Rock Prairie has traffic backed up to University . Lotsa police and responders arriving to scene. Just an FYI if you're getting on the roads.
unmade bed
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Major accident between Barron and Rock Prairie has traffic backed up to University . Lotsa police and responders arriving to scene. Just an FYI if you're getting on the roads.

Drove by a little after 6 and traffic there was way worse than usual. An 18 wheeler was stalled or pulled over in left lane right where on ramp heading south from Texas ave/Deacon merges on to 6. I was afraid it was going to be a recipe for disaster.

Whoever designed the off and on ramps for hwy 6 between wm d fitch and Briarcrest really should be forced to explain themselves.
birdman
You always have to pay attention to that stretch of road. Everybody's IQ is cut in half right there.
mason12
AG
I saw the stalled 18 wheeler when headed to dinner. When headed back home CSPD had the highway shutdown complete on the southbound side with emergency vehicles on top of Harvey Mitchell Parkway.
waterchick
Wow! As late as 7:30? I was traveling south on 6 shortly before 4 pm and headed to my office and when I was on the (TLIAC) flyover I noticed a significant backup. Glad I took an alternate route home.
Smeghead4761
And yet, it wasn't interesting enough to be on KBTX.
maroon barchetta
Smeghead4761 said:

It's not two days later yet.
phillytex24
Smeghead4761 said:

Bad news for the University? I have never understood that relationship. Seems like lots of stuff isn't reported.
woodiewood1
birdman said:

You always have to pay attention to that stretch of road. Everybody's IQ is cut in half right there.
And half the drivers are driving 85 mph or faster with a few going 55 in the left lane.
woodiewood1
unmade bed said:

Drove by a little after 6 and traffic there was way worse than usual. An 18 wheeler was stalled or pulled over in left lane right where on ramp heading south from Texas ave/Deacon merges on to 6. I was afraid it was going to be a recipe for disaster.

Whoever designed the off and on ramps for hwy 6 between wm d fitch and Briarcrest really should be forced to explain themselves.
What is wrong with the on/off ramps? I off and on the bypass 6 two to six times a day and never had any issues.
91_Aggie
AG
woodiewood1 said:

unmade bed said:

What is wrong with the on/off ramps? I off and on the bypass 6 two to six times a day and never had any issues.

There is nothing wrong with them. Lots of people on this board will always think/believe new designs based on scientific studies are inferior because "it's different than what I grew up with and was familiar with"

Just ignore the ignorant. (Not an insult. Ignorant means you just haven't taken the time to learn)

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.