For those that love or hate Whataburger

3,466 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by The Brazos Kid
Marooned_n_Aggieland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Here's a recap. Discuss among yourselves.

Ag_B_10
AG
It's "WATERBURGER"! Get it right!
LOYAL AG
AG
This was interesting, thanks for posting.

Several years ago when we lived in San Antonio I coached baseball with a guy that managed the Whataburger account for their primary food service vendor (Sysco?). This was like 2008ish. We talked about their future and expansion and he said the biggest challenge would be that every burger patty came from their San Antonio facility and that they were trucked to each restaurant unfrozen which meant you had less time to get it where it needed to go before spoilage was a concern. My guess is the change in ownership means a change in food service so that Sysco services them from more than one location.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Marooned_n_Aggieland
Ag_B_10 said:

It's "WATERBURGER"! Get it right!
That's how I knew them during my young sprout years.
HoopsAg
Pretty sure their patties keep getting thinner and thinner. Pretty much eating bread and veggies at this point, unless you get a double…
australopithecus robustus
A 4 oz patty on a 5 inch bun is pretty damn thin.
Carny89
Whataburger went to crap when stopped writing the order on the bag.
BrazosDog02
AG
I'm a Whataburger fanboy myself. But I gotta say, after 25 years, I gave Burger King another shot with the Texas Burger. It's….better. Ingredients from the one I go to are fresher, the meat is bigger, the flavor is considerably better, etc. By a large margin. Sucks to say but it's true. It's more akin in taste to Five Guys except it doesn't cost 25 dollars for burgers and fries. Lol.

All of them are "just another fast food burger", though and probably aren't worth getting overly excited over.
TXAG 05
AG
Carny89 said:

Whataburger went to crap when stopped writing the order on the bag.

I remember when they would call out your order by your name instead of a number.
cs69ag
AG
WB is reasonable quality at a good price. If you are a Senior you get a free drink
with your purchase. If you get their reward app and use it. after 5 purchases of any item,
you get a free menu item from around 10 choices. Their drive thru a little slower than some
other places as your order has not already been prepared before you order.
Hornbeck
Carter's / Texas Burger are our go-to's in town. Whataburger is too hit and miss here.
NateDog
AG
BrazosDog02 said:

I'm a Whataburger fanboy myself. But I gotta say, after 25 years, I gave Burger King another shot with the Texas Burger. It's….better. Ingredients from the one I go to are fresher, the meat is bigger, the flavor is considerably better, etc. By a large margin. Sucks to say but it's true. It's more akin in taste to Five Guys except it doesn't cost 25 dollars for burgers and fries. Lol.

All of them are "just another fast food burger", though and probably aren't worth getting overly excited over.
Gave Burger King's Texas Burger a try, and it actually was a decent burger w/ two patties, cheese, bacon, and jalapenos. Maybe a little pricey at $13 for a medium combo, but then again, gotta take what we can get in Biden's America...
legalbird
Accountants, we need you, but investors/equity firms like big cash flow and returns.
eloc62
We have moved away from eating Whataburger in the past 6 months. We live in south CS, and now use Texas Burger on Wellborn as our go to burger place. It's a bigger, tastier burger without the God awful long lines in the drive thru.
The Brazos Kid
eloc62 said:

We have moved away from eating Whataburger in the past 6 months. We live in south CS, and now use Texas Burger on Wellborn as our go to burger place. It's a bigger, tastier burger without the God awful long lines in the drive thru.

+1 on TX Burger. We get a to-go order once a month or so. I don't mind the wait… I just grab a Shiner Bock while I wait.

Can't do that at Whataburger.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.