recommendations for local guitar lessons

1,166 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by AgTrip
gigemaggs99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bryan/College Station, acoustic learning, basics and theory.

Thank you.
maroon barchetta
If he has room on the schedule, Geoff Zercher at Thorne Music is great.

I've heard good things about Bobby at Guitar Studio. Don't know from personal experience.

Tubie is the other instructor that I have seen mentioned here. I don't know what all he teaches or where he teaches since Lippman Music closed. Someone will chime in with that info.
ReelDeal
AG
+1 for Tubie Pushee. He is an awesome guy and a great guitar player/performer. He has given my son lessons over the years and done a fine job of teaching him just about everything from chords, picking scales, and theory. He is the full package teacher. He is at the string and horn shop in downtown Bryan now. I don't know if he is taking on any new students, but he is worth looking into.
gigemaggs99
AG
Thank you for the recommendations!
johnnyblaze36
AG
ReelDeal said:

+1 for Tubie Pushee. He is an awesome guy and a great guitar player/performer. He has given my son lessons over the years and done a fine job of teaching him just about everything from chords, picking scales, and theory. He is the full package teacher. He is at the string and horn shop in downtown Bryan now. I don't know if he is taking on any new students, but he is worth looking into.
This. I started with him a couple of years ago not even knowing what EADGBE was. He's very laid back and patient and a great guy all around. Highly recommend. I know he lost a few young students recently just due to them being involved in other activities so I think he should have some openings.
AgTrip
I once took guitar lessons from Tubie through the city of College station community classes maybe10 years ago. He is awesome teacher.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.