Violin Lessons

832 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by wareagle044
Jinx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wondering if anyone has experience or can point me in the right direction. My 8yo has been asking to play violin and we are hoping to find an instructor for him. We weren't sure how serious he was about it and had initially told him he can wait until middle school, but he has been asking for several months so we are looking into it a little more seriously. I plan to go to some of the local music stores and see if anyone has posted info, but figured I'd ask here in case someone knows better. Googling private lessons is a bit overwhelming.

Thanks!
motherrunnersBCS
Try searching for a Suzuki teacher in Bryan. You will find several.
johnnyblaze36
AG
I take guitar lessons at the String & Horn Shop in downtown Bryan. I'd recommend calling up there and asking for a referral. They may have someone in house since it's a strings shop.
mhnatt
My 10yr old is similar. We just started her last week and she loves the teacher who is located near Bryan High School. Email us and we'll provide a reference.

Mike [then the @ sign] and then add "hnatt" and then .com
Jinx
Email sent.

Thanks for the advice everyone
Slagathor
AG
You could also send an email to the Brazos Civic Orchestra, a free community group. They could most likely point you to someone who gives violin lessons.

info (at sign) brazoscivicorchestra.org
wareagle044
My only suggestion is to take lessons from someone who calls it a fiddle
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.