Good job, Gary

3,399 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tim Weaver
Tim Weaver
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Being a resposible pet owner will make the Emperor smile. Maybe he'll promote you to that cushy Endor gig....

https://i.imgur.com/qDv844j.mp4
Broncos
I'm not clicking that link.
histag10
AG
Why not? It's just Imgur. That's the way all of their shortened links look, amd it's a well used hosting site for photos and videos

Also to OP- cute video! Wish I had seen it with my kids. They would have loved seeing a storm trooper walking a dog
Tim Weaver
Broncos said:

I'm not clicking that link.
Not sure if Embed works here. Let me try....

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/XFvbytR" ><a href="//imgur.com/a/XFvbytR">Good for You, Gary.</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Tim Weaver
Yeah nope. Texags is very restrictive of the content embedding.

Its a video I shot yesterday of a guy walking his dog. Nothing crazy. Imgur is a photo hosting service that is free and easy. Like Photobucket USED to be.....
Broncos
histag10 said:

Why not? It's just Imgur. That's the way all of their shortened links look, amd it's a well used hosting site for photos and videos
Thanks, Karen.
EMY92
AG
Poor pup under the restrictive yoke of imperial control.
Duckhook
AG
Tim Weaver said:

Its a video I shot yesterday of a guy walking his dog. Nothing crazy. Imgur is a photo hosting service that is free and easy. Like Photobucket USED to be.....

Shot it yesterday? Better get that car registration updated. Expired in 2012.

maroon barchetta
halibut sinclair
Burn
woodiewood1
Duckhook said:

Tim Weaver said:

Shot it yesterday? Better get that car registration updated. Expired in 2012.

Gotcha!!
Tim Weaver
I have historic plates on this car. its a 1988. I leave the registration sticker on there for kicks.

I will need to switch back to regular plates now though. Gave my other car to my daughter after she was in a hit and run. I am daily driving my old Volvo now.
Duckhook
AG
Tim Weaver said:

I have historic plates on this car. its a 1988. I leave the registration sticker on there for kicks.

I will need to switch back to regular plates now though. Gave my other car to my daughter after she was in a hit and run. I am daily driving my old Volvo now.

Hornbeck
<Insert Doc Brown / Delorean gif here>
Tim Weaver
I mean.... I've been pulled over. Cop got a chuckle out of it.
Duckhook
AG
Tim Weaver said:

1988 cars are now considered historic? I think I've got underwear older than that.

Is your car considered an "antique" (limited use; no annual registration) or a "classic" (can be driven daily; annual registration required)?
techno-ag
AG
Duckhook said:

Tim Weaver said:

1988 cars are now considered historic? I think I've got underwear older than that.

Is your car considered an "antique" (limited use; no annual registration) or a "classic" (can be driven daily; annual registration required)?
Cars at least 25 years old can get antique plates exempting them from inspection. There are restrictions on driving them, though. They can't be a daily commuter.

Also remember 2012 was the last sticker, not the year model.
Duckhook
AG
techno-ag said:

Duckhook said:

Tim Weaver said:

Cars at least 25 years old can get antique plates exempting them from inspection. There are restrictions on driving them, though. They can't be a daily commuter.

Also remember 2012 was the last sticker, not the year model.

Right. That's what I was pointing out and asking. If it's a daily driver it should have an annual registration.
Tim Weaver
It was an occasional driver. My daughter had her car totalled in a hit and run, so I gave her my daily and now I'm driving this 88 daily. This was a month ago. I do need to get the reg fixed, but I need to do some work on the tail lights to pass inspection. They work, but they don't all work....
Duckhook
AG
Just curious, what is your '88 classic car?
Tim Weaver

Volvo 240. Non turbo, 5 speed manual. It has around 130k miles on it.
halibut sinclair
There's nothing classic about a 1988 car.
Tim Weaver
halibut sinclair said:

I beg to differ. Roll up windows, no cruise control, manual transmission.

I do have heated seats though. That's a particulary Swedish thing.....

I got tired of all the nanny BS electronics keeping me "safe" yet making me pay less and less attention to the actual driving. I wanted something manual.

Also the 83 Porsche 944 in front of my car is my Son's. That car has 10k miles on it.
maroon barchetta
Tim Weaver said:

halibut sinclair said:

I beg to differ. Roll up windows, no cruise control, manual transmission.

I do have heated seats though. That's a particulary Swedish thing.....

I got tired of all the nanny BS electronics keeping me "safe" yet making me pay less and less attention to the actual driving. I wanted something manual.

Also the 83 Porsche 944 in front of my car is my Son's. That car has 10k miles on it.
Tim Weaver
How it started:
https://texags.com/forums/46/topics/3022321/replies/53803363

How it's going:
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.