Frontier fiber internet in Bryan?

1,727 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by sirhc
smoove
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Been patiently waiting for Metronet to go live in my neighborhood in east Bryan near the Bryan Krogers. Conduit has been laid, one of those boxes installed at the street in front of house. I noticed one of my neighbors already had a cable already running from box to house, I asked him how he already got his and no word about my place in-line. He told me he got his thru Frontier already up and running.
Huh? I didn't know Frontier was already pulling and running fiber in Bryan, thought CS was their prime first target and Metronet was Bryan first target. I was only able to have a brief conversation about his install but plan on talking more to him about it. $59.99 for 3 year price lock for 1 gig.
When I go to Frontier's website about fiber availability Bryan is not listed, my zip does not qualify.
Any comments?
Average Joe
AG
Frontier has been like ninjas through all of this. No huge announcements like metronet. No non stop advertising like Suddenlink. They just showed up throwing fiber in the ground one day.
WheelinAg
AG
Which provider is laying it down Texas, north of University?
smoove
Average Joe said:

Frontier has been like ninjas through all of this. No huge announcements like metronet. No non stop advertising like Suddenlink. They just showed up throwing fiber in the ground one day.
I guess, I don't have any additional info at this time. All the conduit install vehicles thats been in the neighborhood for last many weeks all had "contractors for Metronet" on them. Haven't seen one Frontier vehicle around.
I need to make a call to Frontier and get the scoop on it and get the actual out the door prices. $59.99 with no extra added fees (other then usual taxes) for 3 years sounds pretty good. Only 1 year contract required. Don't know what the normal fee is after 3 years, but who knows anything that far out.
Metronet is the same price but only a 6mo price guarantee. Then goes to $69.95 after that, then to $89.95 after 18 mo. They also tack on a $9.95 "Technology Service Fee" which what I read you cannot opted out of, which I think is now called "Tech Assure" $12 fee.
Anyway more to follow as I learn.
halibut sinclair
We also live in that unnamed east Bryan neighborhood near the Kroger. They have run the conduit all over the subdivision but the fiber that goes inside the conduit is not everywhere yet. Frontier's website shows our street is ready for install, but I'm 100% sure the fiber is not on our street yet.
Average Joe
AG
smoove said:

Average Joe said:

I guess, I don't have any additional info at this time. All the conduit install vehicles thats been in the neighborhood for last many weeks all had "contractors for Metronet" on them. Haven't seen one Frontier vehicle around.
I need to make a call to Frontier and get the scoop on it and get the actual out the door prices. $59.99 with no extra added fees (other then usual taxes) for 3 years sounds pretty good. Only 1 year contract required. Don't know what the normal fee is after 3 years, but who knows anything that far out.
Metronet is the same price but only a 6mo price guarantee. Then goes to $69.95 after that, then to $89.95 after 18 mo. They also tack on a $9.95 "Technology Service Fee" which what I read you cannot opted out of, which I think is now called "Tech Assure" $12 fee.
Anyway more to follow as I learn.

I can attest that you will pay $59.99 for frontier. No fees, taxes, nothing. $59.99 every month.
sirhc
AG
Does anyone here have Fiber in Oakmont? If not can you kindly tell me who you use?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.