Bryan Mayoral and City Council Elections

8,316 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by outlaw08
EliteElectric
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ah ok, he's the only one I don't personally know
outlaw08
AG
I'd be glad to make your acquaintance, as I'm Kyle Schumann and running to back fill his current position.
EliteElectric
outlaw08 said:

I'd be glad to make your acquaintance, as I'm Kyle Schumann and running to back fill his current position.
We live in SMD 4 so can't vote for you but pleased to meet you and good luck!
outlaw08
AG
Offer still stands, who knows, you might have friends over here or have some information I'd like to know about.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Audio of forum with Bryan candidates

https://wtaw.com/bryan-college-station-chamber-of-commerce-forum-of-candidates-running-for-bryan-mayor-and-city-council/

EliteElectric
If you want to hear what they had to say last night, and for those of us unable to attend the event.

https://wtaw.com/bryan-college-station-chamber-of-commerce-forum-of-candidates-running-for-bryan-mayor-and-city-council/

I think it is important to note that Bobby has the endorsement of all sitting council members not currently running against him and all previous mayors, as well as our state level representatives. Bobby has been on council 2 years, Mad Mike has been on council for 12 and doesn't have a single endorsement (that I know of) from anyone in state leadership or any current council persons or past Mayors. That speaks volumes to me.

Bobby is the best choice for Mayor, hands down.

rockelle
I watched it on KBTX stream. I can't find the link.

actually thought it was a bit boring and some repetitive questions.
But it solidified my vote for my area:
Marca Ewers-Shurtleff (she was the best prepared and the most articulate)
Kevin Boriskie (at large so the whole city votes in this one and his opponent was entertaining but wow no!)
Bobby Gutierrez (anyone but Southerland)

seems like mostly good folks running and trying to help
veritas47
I'm concerned about any municipal candidate who advertises as being endorsed by a group for whom he will be helping decide salaries. Since the city council and mayor approve any new firefighter contracts, it appears the union is expecting favorable treatment by candidates in exchange for their endorsement.

Seems a little bit unethical to campaign for the one who will give your members the most money and the candidate who pursues these endorsements isn't one I'd trust with my (tax)money.

Just my 4 cents.
threecatcorner
I heard all Bryan council seats were up for some reason. Is that accurate? Do they not usually stagger them?
outlaw08
AG
All but seat 4, there was recently an amendment to the city charter to go from 3 year terms to 4, so that is why so many are up as well as the fact that Bobby decided to run for Mayor.
EliteElectric

Get out and vote! Early voting is open and easy! Go vote to keep Bryan moving forward, vote for Bobby!!!!!!
https://bobbyforbryan.com/

EliteElectric
Get out and vote tomorrow folks! Early voting #'s are down, get out and vote, and VOTE FOR BOBBY GUITERREZ FOR MAYOR!!!!!!
outlaw08
AG
And Kyle Schumann for District 5!
nought
AG
Is early voting still going on today? Hoping to avoid longer lines tomorrow.
MiMi
S
nought said:

Is early voting still going on today? Hoping to avoid longer lines tomorrow.
Nope. Last day was last Friday. When I went to the CSU location on Friday afternoon, the line was out and around the building, taking an hour to vote. It was as long or longer than the 2020 election. It will be interesting to look at early voter numbers.
EliteElectric
Was at the combined watch party last night for several of the candidates-
Bobby Gutierrez for Mayor
Kevin Boriskie for SMD6
Marca Shurtleff for SMD5
Jared Salvato for SMD3
Ray Arrington for SMD2
Leo Gonzalez for School Board

All won except Marca who is in a runoff. The citizens of Bryan are the real winners. Sensible leadership, great people and a lot of support from the community, business leaders and dignitaries last night. My family and I are proud to be a part of this community we call home!
FlyRod
Dang, people I voted for actually won for a change!
AggieCVQ
If it all goes to hell we know who to blame.
outlaw08
AG
I appreciated being invited to be able to endorse Marca now that my 3rd place finish leaves me outside the runoff. Honestly happy to not have to campaign for another month+.
ZoneClubber
AG
Thank you Kyle, your support is appreciated.

Marca was the leading vote getter in District 5 but we'll need 1 last push for the December runoff. Thanks to all who voted.
outlaw08
AG
She ran a great race! Now the real fun begins trying to get folks to come back out in a little over a month.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.