United flight out of Easterwood today?

2,591 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BQ_90
boredatwork08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was out and about around 1pm today and saw a plane I didn't expect to see. It looked like a United 737. Sure enough, it was:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL2731/history/20220926/1730Z/KCLL/KIAH

Was this a charter? Or are they testing routes?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I'm in a position to know and I haven't heard of them considering bringing service back. I'd be pleasantly surprised. But even if they did, it wouldn't be 737s. We definitely don't have the demand for that, not even at just one flight a day. Had to be a training flight or a charter.
pudge
United flight tracker on the app showed flights from IAH to DFW, then DFW to CLL, then back to IAH all with 25## flight numbers which are charters and ferry flights. Looking up the tail number, it shows that the plane was supposed to go from CLL to IAH the day before, but was cancelled. Interesting on why it was making those flights. Also, the plane is still at IAH...
Tailgate88
AG
pudge said:

United flight tracker on the app showed flights from IAH to DFW, then DFW to CLL, then back to IAH all with 25## flight numbers which are charters and ferry flights. Looking up the tail number, it shows that the plane was supposed to go from CLL to IAH the day before, but was cancelled. Interesting on why it was making those flights. Also, the plane is still at IAH...
Here's what I assume is the team plane headed to Mississippi later tonight:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL2520/history/20220930/0155Z/KCLL/KGTR

It looks from that page like it has been here since Sunday (DFW-CLL) but in reality it seems to have headed to IAH earlier in the week. It's hard to track on Flightaware because they change the flight number and without upgrading to $39/month you can't track the tail number, so it looks like flights disappear from one airport and reappear half way across the country.

Anyway, I bet a 737 flies in sometime soon this afternoon. Keep an eye on ADSB.

Edit: look what just appeared on Flighttracker:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/UAL2553/history/20220929/2255Z/KIAH/KCLL

wareagle044
odd that the team uses United for charters. I'd think that pulling out of CLL would change my mind on that contract.
pattybrhg
That was the team charter plane that broke down earlier in the week after bringing the team back.
BQ_90
AG
wareagle044 said:

odd that the team uses United for charters. I'd think that pulling out of CLL would change my mind on that contract.
Why would the athletic dept care about that
trouble
AG
Athletic department only cares about the cost to them. Charters are completely separate from scheduled service.
bushytailed
AG
United is still a "preferred airline" for the university. So is American.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
It's a preferred airline for the system. All system members. Many purple still travel to Houston and Austin, plus all the regional campuses. Contracts also with American and Southwest.
wareagle044
BQ_90 said:

wareagle044 said:

I would think the university would care as I'd imagine there was some sort of economic impact with United terminating service. Why scratch their back when they slapped yours?
BQ_90
AG
wareagle044 said:

BQ_90 said:

wareagle044 said:

I would think the university would care as I'd imagine there was some sort of economic impact with United terminating service. Why scratch their back when they slapped yours?
My guess the athletic department is going to do what's in their best financial interest and what cost effective for them. The university isn't going pay for them to use another carrier or a more expensive one
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.